Cardinal Health Production Team Lead - 3rd shift (Underpads) in Greenwood, South Carolina
- Observe all safety precautions and regulations. Be proactive in addressing safety issues and concerns. Responsible for reporting all safety hazards and potential unsafe working conditions.
- Understand and comply with all current plant policies and procedures.
- Must be able to make decisions in an independent mode, if necessary.
- Responsible for ensuring efficiency and waste performance goals are met.
- Posses a general knowledge of mechanical occurrences to ensure day to day operations of lines are productive and manage unnecessary down time.
- Work closely with maintenance personnel and leadership to ensure mechanical malfunctions are repaired in a timely manner.
- Accountable for the growth and discipline of employees and career progressions.
- Accountable for time reporting and pay of department associates.
- Work closely with the Logistics and Planning departments to ensure schedule attainment.
- Review/generate weekly and daily machine schedule for all three shifts.
- Request/coordinate support from Management and plant resources.
- Project management. Will be responsible for project work on the off shifts.
- Responsible for submitting input to monthly activity report and all other requested reports.
- Motivate and coach production personnel and mechanical resources in their day-to-day responsibilities.
- Support, promote, and participate in continuous improvement activities.
- Attend required developmental training.
- Ability to make decisions in an independent mode, if necessary.
What Production Operation contributes to Cardinal Health
Operates light-duty bench- or floor-type machine tools and automation equipment. May set up machining machines and make adjustments, and perform maintenance on machines. Checks work using prescribed gauges, jigs and fixtures to measure close tolerances. Some machines may be numerically controlled. May monitor and verify quality in accordance with statistical process or other control procedures.
- High School Diploma or GED required
- 5+ years related work experience and/or training required
What is expected of you and others at this level
- Applies extensive knowledge and company policies to complete a wide range of assisgnments
- Demonstrates expert undeerstanding of all levels of the job family and has thorough knowledge of jobs outside area of responsibility
- Takes the lead in effectively applying new processes and skills in accomplishing assignments
- May provide technical guidance and training to others
- Maintains appropriate licenses, training and certifications
- Works on complex problems that require independent action and a high degree of intiative to resolve issue
- Makes recommendation for new or revised processes and has a role on the implementation
- Adheres to all quality guidelines
- Works with minimal degree of supervision. Has latitude to make decisions in exceptional circumstances within established guidelines
- Provides guidance to less experienced team members
- May have team leader responsibilities but does not formally supervise
Cardinal Health is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, or protected veteran status.