Cardinal Health Associate II, Warehouse Operations (Full-Time, Nights) in Groveport, Ohio
WAREHOUSE ASSOCIATE – CARDINAL HEALTH NATIONAL LOGISTICS CENTER (NLC)
5995 Commerce Park Drive Groveport, OH 43125
Weekend: Friday, Saturday, and Sunday 7:00AM – 7:30PM (2 day and 3 day positions are available)
2nd shift: Monday – Thursday 5:15PM – 3:45AM OR Monday – Friday 4:30PM – 12:30 AM
3rd shift: Sunday – Wednesday 8:00PM – 6:30AM OR Monday – Thursday 8:00PM – 6:30AM
Full benefits upon day one of employment – medical, dental, vision, paid time off & tuition reimbursement! Training will be provided!
What Warehouse Operations contributes to Cardinal Health:
In Warehouse Operations, you make a difference and are Essential to Care™! Warehouse Operations is responsible for performing/controlling a combination of manual or automated tasks necessary for the receipt, storage, and shipment of product. This may include functions of receiving, picking, packing, shipping, staging, transporting, storage, delivery, etc. Also responsible for the efficient flow of products from the point of product receipt from vendors to the shipment of products (via prescribed service parameters) to a variety of internal and external customers.
- Since 2004, the NLC facility had provided centralized pharmaceutical distribution operations
- It’s the single, national point of entry for inventory for a variety of manufacturers' product lines
What is expected of you for success in your role:
Demonstrates working knowledge or proficiency in one or more assigned areas of responsibility:
- May also require material handling equipment (MHE) certification
- Accurately performs multiple operational tasks assigned to the individual
- Demonstrates basic material handling/ packaging /warehouse equipment skills
- Performs one or more warehouse operations functions within the operating guidelines of the facility
- Demonstrates effective oral communication skills
- Receives returned goods from customers and vendors.
- Verifies merchandise returned from customer matches the Return Authorization, UPC/NDC codes and size/strength of product as appropriate.
- Verifies quantities returned match the quantities indicated on the Return Authorization.
- Determines whether returned merchandise is in saleable condition and forwards for restocking; prepares non-saleable merchandise for return to the supplier or forwards for destruction.
- Ships returns to vendors using proper shipping documents as required; works with vendor sales representatives to return merchandise to manufacturers.
- Compiles and logs information regarding records of shipment, such as ship date, debit memo, quantity and list of merchandise shipped.
- Checks for products that have been returned which will not be accepted or returned by suppliers and prepares packages to send back to customer.
- Resolves discrepancies in morgue inventory counts with appropriate inventory control associate.
- Receives information regarding merchandise that has been recalled and handles appropriately.
- Processes and performs data entry of returned items from customers and vendors.
- Organizes and maintains accurate records of all returned merchandise.
- Maintains a clean work area to help ensure that merchandise remains clean and to help prevent work related injuries.
- Complies with all appropriate policies, procedures, safety rules and DEA regulations.
Must be able to participate in physical inventory.
Operates forklift, electric pallet jacks, order selectors, and/or pallet shrink wrap machines as needed.
- Performs related duties as assigned.
- High School Diploma or GED required
- 1 - 2 years related experience preferred
- Previous material handling equipment experience (MHE) preferred
- Radio frequency (RF) scanner and/or voice to pick experience highly preferred
- Ability to consistently lift 50 Ibs and be able to bend, reach, stoop, lift and stand for entire shift of 8 hours or more required
- Must be able to work overtime with little to no advance notice
- Willingness to learn to operate material handling equipment and rotate into various areas of the warehouse
- Work at heights up to 25 feet consistently
- Adherence to site safety regulations including wearing required personal protective equipment such as steel toed safety shoes, and material handling equipment safety harness; accountable to Cardinal Health’s EHS as well as QRA policies and procedures.
- Aptitude to work in a fast-paced distribution environment while meeting hourly established distribution quotas and performance standards
- Self-motivated with ability to work in a team-oriented environment with limited supervision and an emphasis on customer satisfaction
- Ability to comprehend and accurately process paperwork in accordance with policies and procedures
- Familiarity with Microsoft office products and general computer skills desired
- Flexibility/adaptability coupled with good multi-tasking skills
Cardinal Health is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, or protected veteran status.