Cardinal Health Supervisor, Warehouse Operations (Full-Time, Weekends) in Groveport, Ohio
SHIFT- Friday, Saturday, and Sunday (6:30AM-7:30PM)
What Warehouse Operations contributes to Cardinal Health
Warehouse Operations is responsible for performing/controlling a combination of manual or automated tasks necessary for the receipt, storage, and shipment of product. This may include functions of receiving, picking, packing, shipping, staging, transporting, storage, delivery, etc. Also responsible for the efficient flow of products from the point of product receipt from vendors to the shipment of products (via prescribed service parameters) to a variety of internal and external customers.
Accountabilities in this role
- Responsible for the daily scheduling of the work force to insure proper staffing to select, replenish, restock, locate and ship merchandise in a productive and cost efficient manner.
- Directs the day-to-day activities of the warehouse operation. Activities include order selection, replenishment, restocking, product location, shipping, etc.
- Generates warehouse productivity reports in regard to production and dock out rates and accounts for all labor hours.
- Prepares ad hoc reports as necessary.
- Adheres to budget requirements and works toward obtaining objectives and division goals.
- Responsible for warehouse safety programs in order to provide a safe and clean work environment for employees.
- Responsible for Cardinal Health compliance and regulations concerning OSHA, DEA, FDA, State and local authorities.
- Recommends equipment requirements to the Site Operations Manager in order to upgrade and maintain warehouse productivity and efficiency.
- Insures that accurate attendance/PTO records and scheduling are maintained.
- Completes detailed accurate performance evaluations of all night warehouse personnel.
- Maintains general responsibility for disciplinary process in the area of counseling, oral and written warnings; insures a productive work climate in the warehouse operation.
- Responsible for building security to include nightly lockup.
- Develop and implement modifications and innovations to improve the quality of service to our customers.
- Maintain positive employee relations.
- Work on special projects as needed.
- High school diploma/GED required, Bachelor’s degree strongly preferred.
- 3-5 years distribution experience required.
- At least1-3 year’s supervisory experience strongly preferred.
- Strong communication and leadership skills required.
- Strong skills in Microsoft Office preferred.
- Ability to bend, stoop, reach, and lift weights up to 50 pounds on a regular basis required.
- Lean Six Sigma experience preferred.
What is expected of you and others at this level
- Coordinates and supervises the daily activities of operations, or business support staff
- Administers and executes policies and procedures
- Ensures employees operate within guidelines
- Decisions have a direct impact on work unit operations and customers
- Frequently interacts with subordinates, customers and peer groups at various management levels
- Interactions normally involve information exchange and basic problem resolution
Cardinal Health is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, or protected veteran status.