Cardinal Health Advisor, Strategic Sourcing in Guaynabo, Puerto Rico
What Global Sourcing contributes to Cardinal Health
Global Sourcing is responsible for creating and managing diverse strategic supplier partnerships that drive enterprise value with innovation, best cost and competitive advantages that benefit customers, suppliers and patients. Develops and executes strategic plans by leveraging market intelligence, industry knowledge and cross-functional collaboration. Competitive advantage is created through supplier selection and management, contract negotiation, supply chain optimization and risk mitigation.
- Strategic Sourcing is responsible for providing supplier relationship management, end to end supply chain support, and cross-functional operational improvements.
- Leverage fact based data and analytics to negotiate contracts for good and services that meet or exceed fiscal expectations. Responsible for performance management, including maximization of financial deliverables and risk mitigation.
- Create strategies and influence internal and external stakeholders to execute effectively.
- A minimum of a Bachelor's Degree is required; Finance, Business Administration or Industrial Engineering fields are preferred.
- A minimum of four (4) years of experience in related field is required; four (4) years of experience in contracts (distribution service agreements) is preferred.
- Demonstrate financial and attention to detail skills.
- Must have advance Microsoft Excel Skill.
- Fully Bilingual in Spanish and English verbal and written is required.
What is expected of you and others at this level
- Ability to build strong internal and external relationships and manage effectively across a heavily matrixes organizations.
- Ability to analyze, summarize and communicate data for all organizational levels.
- Leads with influence to facilitate cross-functional issue resolution and process improvement.
- Effective communication and presentation skills. Ability to successfully communicate with all levels of the organization as well as with external supplier partners.
- Utilizes industry business and market data for strategy and value creation.
- Creates negotiation strategy, participates and may lead negotiation process, develops contract terms and conditions to manage risk.
- Demonstrates a strong financial acumen .
- Strong project and process management skills
Cardinal Health is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, or protected veteran status.