Cardinal Health Business Excellence in Guaynabo, Puerto Rico
What Black Belt contributes to Cardinal Health
Black Belt is responsible for driving change by focusing on customers, employees, and processes resulting in a culture of excellence. Black Belts identify and execute against performance improvement opportunities across the enterprise using contemporary process improvement tools.
What is expected of you and others at this level:
- Applies comprehensive knowledge and a thorough understanding of concepts, principles, and technical capabilities to perform varied tasks and projects.
- May contribute to the development of policies and procedures.
- Works on complex projects of large scope.
- Develops technical solutions to a wide range of difficult problems. Solutions are innovative and consistent with organization objectives.
- Completes work independently receives general guidance on new projects.
- Work reviewed for purpose of meeting objectives.
- May act as a mentor to less experienced colleagues.
Accountabilities in this role:
- Demonstrates experience in applying contemporary improvement techniques and producing results for a function and/or business unit.
- Assesses current business performance against Cardinal Health's business strategy for a specific site and/or function.
- Works with multiple teams of business practitioners to synthesize findings ,develop improvement recommendations and lead execution of initiatives.
- Collaborates with customers and suppliers on improvement projects.
- Leads Kaizen and Black Belt projects.
- Possesses or is enrolled as a Lean Leader and/or Black Belt.
- Mentors and trains Kaizen Leaders and Green Belts.
- A minimum of a Bachelors in Engineering with a concentration in Industrial or Mechanical is preferred and/or equivalent work experience.
- A minimum of 2 years of experience in related field is preferred.
- Kaizen and/or Sponsor trained is preferred.
- Experience in workflows and re-layouts is preferred.
- Project Management experience preferred.
- Must be Fully Bilingual in Spanish and English oral and written.
- Must be able to travel a 50% of the time to the United States.
- Availability to work extended hours and in different shifts based on business needs.
Cardinal Health is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, or protected veteran status.