Cardinal Health Finance Internship - Puerto Rico (Summer 2018) in Guaynabo, Puerto Rico
Headquartered in Dublin, Ohio, Cardinal Health, Inc. (NYSE: CAH) is a global, integrated healthcare services and products company, providing customized solutions for hospitals, health systems, pharmacies, ambulatory surgery centers, clinical laboratories and physician offices worldwide.
The company provides clinically-proven medical products and pharmaceuticals and cost-effective solutions that enhance supply chain efficiency from hospital to home. Cardinal Health connects patients, providers, payers, pharmacists and manufacturers for integrated care coordination and better patient management. Backed by nearly 100 years of experience, with more than 50,000 employees in nearly 60 countries, Cardinal Health ranks among the top 25 on the Fortune 500.
Location :Guaynabo, Puerto Rico
Start Date: May/June 2018
Hours: Approximately 40 hours per week for a minimum of 10 weeks.
*All Cardinal Health internships are paid internships.
The Summer Internship Program allows students the opportunity to work on meaningful and exciting projects that will give them the hands-on experience they need to build a solid foundation for their future. As an intern, students will have the opportunity to participate in a formalized program, designed to increase knowledge of Cardinal Health and the healthcare industry as well as develop essential leadership skills. Interns will be given the opportunity to explore different career paths and interview for full-time roles upon successful completion of the program.
Why Choose the Cardinal Health Summer Internship Program?
Experience: Interns work with other Cardinal Health professionals on their team, as well as business partners, customers and vendors on substantial projects in addition to daily work. To enhance leadership skills, each intern also participates on a planning committee. At the end of the summer, each intern has the opportunity to showcase their work in a presentation to business leaders.
Networking: Interns have the opportunity to learn from key business leaders through the “Executive Speaker Series.” They also have the opportunity to network with other professionals through both formal and informal networking events.
Development: Interns participate in a formal one-on-one mentoring program, as well as professional workshops to enhance their business acumen. They are also able to explore full time career paths throughout their internship experience.
Camaraderie: The internship program offers various social, teambuilding, community service events, as well as tours to help interns build a solid network of peers.
As an Finance Intern , you could potentially support the Finance organization in several of the following ways:
- Assist with annual budget cycle, forecasting and analysis of financial results
- Review and analyze key account profitability and develop recommendations to improve profitability
- Develop, analyze and prepare reporting capabilities to support strategic initiatives
- Enhance sales and sell margin reporting
- Contribute to tax return and tax provision preparation
- Participate in an audit designed to determine the effectiveness and adequacy of internal controls over financial reporting
- General accounting – assist in accounts payable; gain exposure to SAP general ledger applications
- Project accounting – assist in activities related to project review, reporting, and depreciation forecasting
Miscellaneous ad hoc reporting requests Accountabilities in this role:
Strong analytical skills and attention to detail
- Ability to interact effectively at all levels and across diverse cultures
- Must be willing to work independently and make sound decisions expeditiously
- Strong quality and results orientation with a proactive approach
- Ability to prioritize requests effectively and understand importance and meet deadlines
- Ability to work independently with moderate level of direction
- Must be willing to adapt to shifting requirements or priorities
Cardinal Health primarily recruits current, full-time students who are typically in their junior year and meet the following criteria:
- Currently pursuing a Bachelor’s degree in Finance or a related field
- Recommended GPA of 3.0 or above on a 4.0 scale
- Relevant coursework and/or projects
- Previous internship experience preferred, but not required
- Strong leadership, communication and analytical skills
- Established work ethic and ambition
- Extensive community service and/or extracurricular activities
- Process and results orientation
- Must have unlimited work authorization in the United States
**If you are offered a position and you accept that position, the offer is contingent upon the satisfactory completion of a drug test, completion of a background investigation, and demonstrated evidence that you are eligible to work for any employer in the United States.
To learn more about Cardinal Health and the Internship Program visit us at cardinalhealth.com/college or facebook.com/cardinalhealthcollege.
Cardinal Health is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, or protected veteran status.