Cardinal Health Sr. Engineering Technician in Hazelwood, Missouri
What Product Test and Calibration contributes to Cardinal Health
Product Test & Calibration sets up, aligns, monitors, and/or calibrates production equipment. Assists and may perform maintenance on machines and cleans up minor chemical spills in assigned area as well as glassware, ovens, and other equipment.
This position is responsible for providing technical support at a senior or specialist level for maintenance of business and new product development project. Incumbents at this level are highly proficient in their various competencies relevant to their job. May act as a lead or mentor to more junior technical or administrative support personnel. Generally works independently within the established procedures associated with the specific job function.
- Under general supervision, follows testing protocols, selects appropriate test fixtures and set-ups.
- Assists in test method development.
Protocol/Report Writing I Data Statistical Analysis
- Writes protocols appropriate to the project.
- Chooses appropriate test methods and statistical tools for project.
- Writes reports including data, analysis, and observations from testing performed according to protocol.
- Performs statistical analysis using MiniTab (or equivalent statistical software).
- Selects statistical tools to perform analysis.
- Capable of running multiple tools to characterize the data set based on the objective of the testing.
- May maintain calibration, maintenance, and repair of equipment.
- Schedules equipment use in the lab.
- Maintains stability testing schedules for the real time and ambient test articles.
Time Management & Prioritization Skills
- Develops a schedule for a small scale MOB or narrowly defined derivative project with the aid of cross functional team.
- Effectively copes with change and ambiguity as business needs change demonstrating flexibility while ensuring compliance.
- Able to multi-task in an environment of competing priorities. When conflicts arise, reaches out to management with alternate plans and options.
- Communicates in a timely manner with team members and management on project schedules, action items, areas of risk, sets backs and next steps.
- High School/GED minimum; Associate/Bachelor degree preferred(technical degree in functional area)
- 4-6+ years applicable experience preferred
- Proficient in Microsoft office preferred
ORGANIZATIONAL RELATIONSHIPS/SCOPE :
The position reports directly to the Group Leader or Manager of the group. However, on a day-to-day basis, this position will work with and at the direction of the group's engineers. This individual will also workwith Cardinal Health personnel at other sites aswell aswith external personnel.
Cardinal Health is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, or protected veteran status.