Cardinal Health Business Systems Analyst in Houston, Texas
We are seeking a Data Feeds Business Analyst to join our expanding Commercial Technology teams in Houston, TX. This is a client-facing Business Analyst role responsible for working with customers and partners to define requirements for data feeds and ensure production data feeds are running on time. This role will also be responsible for accurately leading integration initiatives using project management skills for client engagements.
- Knows and executes best practices for business analysis processes and functions (from an industry and strategic standpoint), including requirements elicitation methods. Knows emerging trends.
- Defines requirements in accordance with SDP/SDLC, management and project/product scope. Ensures problem statements and objectives are clearly defined. Ensures requirements are aligned to project scope, objectives and strategies.
- Leads elicitation sessions using variety of requirements gathering methods such as interviews, documentation analysis, surveys, site visits, business models with executives, managers, developers and subject matter experts.
- Facilitates the team through the analysis of, and makes recommendations towards, complex business decisions.
- Mediates across different IT teams utilizing knowledge of IT and roles and responsibilities within the organization.
- Focuses on process analysis and re-engineering, with an understanding of technical problems and solutions as they relate to the current and future business environment.
- Demonstrates excellent listening, communication, and facilitation skills.
- Bachelor’s Degree in related field or equivalent work experience
- 8+ years’ experience in related field with 3+ within EDI area
- Proficiency in Microsoft Office products preferred
- Strong data mapping skills
- Strong client-facing skills
- Project management experience; highly organized and process-driven
- Ability to analyze and troubleshoot data feed errors
What is expected of you and others at this level
- Applies advanced knowledge and understanding of concepts, principles, and technical capabilities to manage a wide variety of projects
- Participates in the development of policies and procedures to achieve specific goals
- Recommends new practices, processes, metrics, or models
- Works on or may lead complex projects of large scope
- Projects may have significant and long-term impact
- Provides solutions which may set precedent
- Independently determines method for completion of new projects
- Receives guidance on overall project objectives
- Acts as a mentor to less experienced colleagues
Cardinal Health is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, or protected veteran status.