Cardinal Health Consultant, Instructional Design & Facilitation in Houston, Texas
W hat Instructional Design & Development contributes to Cardinal Health
Instructional Design & Development is responsible for creating and implementing blended learning solutions.
- Aligns new concepts, technologies and products, with customer requirements, to address business challenges and equip employees with knowledge and skills to do their jobs
Demonstrates knowledge of adult learning principles and concepts, instructional design theory, and measurement and evaluation methods.
Consults with business leaders and subject matter experts (SMEs) to identify performance needs and recommend solutions.
- Uses instructional design methodology to design, develop and/or deliver blended learning solutions.
- Evaluates and measures instructional solutions to gauge effectiveness.
- Partners with external vendors to ensure programs/products meet requirements and objectives.
- Uses e-learning authoring software programs to develop and deliver interactive training experiences.
- Uses LMS to enroll and track training completion, for purposes of customer and industry audits
- Follows Standard Operating Procedures and Work Instructions while partnering with members of the Learning Technologies Team to add, administer and maintain training in the learning management system.
- Facilitates instructor-led training demonstrating effective use of presentation/facilitation tools, techniques, and materials, etc. on systems, process, products and skills
- Works with leaders and mentors to increase their coaching capabilities for new and existing employees.
Accountabilities in this role
- Support internal clients through the facilitation, design and/or implementation of employee and leadership training/development initiatives
- Partner with management teams on deploying learning strategy.
- Communicate and implement learning programs; Create, conduct and evaluate train-the-trainer sessions as needed.
- Work with leadership to identify learning & development opportunities and provide support as appropriate to address those needs.
- Ability to work in a fast-paced, collaborative environment and work within aggressive timeframes.
- Deliver on-boarding training to new employees
- Bachelor’s degree in related field, Master’s degree preferred.
- 4+ years’ experience in Instructional Design or Adult Learning Facilitation required
- Healthcare or Pharma background preferred
- Microsoft Office Proficiency required
- Must be able to travel 15% of the time
What is expected of you and others at this level
- Applies comprehensive knowledge and a thorough understanding of Adult Learning Principles, Instructional Design (online and ILT) and Facilitation methods to perform varied tasks and projects
- Works on complex projects of large scope, and may interact directly with clients
- Completes work independently, and receives general guidance on new projects
- Work reviewed for purpose of meeting objectives, compliance and service-level agreements
- May act as a mentor to less experienced colleagues
- Will operate within a team of learning professionals
Cardinal Health is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, or protected veteran status.