Cardinal Health Retail Operations Consultant (Entry Level Outside Sales) in Iowa, Iowa
**This is an entry-level Outside Sales opportunity with potential to grow into senior level sales roles .
At Cardinal Health, we're developing the innovative products and services that make healthcare safer and more productive. Join a growing, global company genuinely committed to making a difference for our customers and communities.
What Retail Operations contributes to Cardinal Health
Responsible for providing technical and professional expertise related to retail independent store merchandising developing retail pharmacy front-end strategies for the independent class-of-trade, which includes front end layout, product selection, positioning, pricing, promotion, messaging, analytics, and training content development.
Accountabilities in this role
- Execute CORE Program for Retail Independents, creating consistent retail operation standards
- Works with customers, POS program data and marketing to help redesign current offerings and develop additional, best-in-class front-end sales offerings.
- Establishes a planned visitation schedule to customers who participate in offers that require regular updates to one or more sections of merchandise.
- Works collaboratively with and utilizes the entire selling team to accomplish objectives, and assists in assuring entire sales team meets their objectives.
- Responsible for communicating back to sales team any problems or information that could affect customer relationship or sales.
- As a key member of the selling team, utilizes the Pharmaceutical Supply Chain disciplined selling process/tools, actively participates in customer calls and leads discussions.
- Facilitate front end quarterly business reviews
- Sell and support Cardinal Health retail front end offerings to retail independent pharmacies
- Implement and manage Cardinal Health Retail front end offering for independent pharmacies
- Build front end relationships with current customers, front end managers and/or prospects
- Work closely with Consumer Health category managers, marketing and inventory teams
- Educate, train and maintain customers on retail front end business
- Establish compliance processes for when front end resets are complete
- Support cross-functional efforts to establish first class retail offering
- Help create Customer and ISF educational material detailing Cardinal Health retail front end offering
- Act as Subject Matter Expert for Cardinal Health retail front end offering and general retail market intelligence
- Act as a point of contact between Independent Sales Force and Consumer Health
- Bachelor’s degree required
- 0-2 years retail experience
- 0-2 years sales experience
- Ability to travel over 75% of the time (day travel)
- Some overnight travel is required
- Valid driver’s license
- Excellent oral and written communication skills
- Ability to present in front small audiences (5+)
- Significant capabilities with Word and PowerPoint
- Proficient capabilities with Excel
Cardinal Health is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, or protected veteran status.