Cardinal Health Director Of Manufacturing in Jacksonville, Texas
What a Manufacturing Management contributes to Cardinal Health
Manufacturing Management is responsible for strategic oversight and leadership direction within the Manufacturing function.
Accountabilities in this role
This position is responsible for all operations and personnel at the Jacksonville, Texas Manufacturing facility. The Plant Director is responsible for a 297,000 square foot Medical manufacturing facility with a staff of 300+. This position is also responsible for the plants ethical and regulatory compliance as well as representing the corporation to the community in a positive manner.
- Observe all safety precautions and regulations at all times in all areas where duties are performed.
- Responsible for correcting and/or reporting all safety hazards and potential unsafe working conditions.
- Understand and comply with all current plant policies and procedures.
- Responsible for Production Operations, Maintenance, Plant Engineering, Safety, Quality Control, Scheduling, Raw Material Procurement and Warehousing, Accounting, Human Resources and Operational Excellence functions. Supervises plant personnel directly and through subordinate managers and/or supervisors. Fully supports all corporate initiatives and directives.
- Ensures a comprehensive Safety program for the facility.
- Ensures an aggressive Quality program that ensures plant operations are responsible for quality. Also, that the facility meets the corporate expectations for validations, process capability and the CAPA process.
- Prepares and maintains long- and short-range plans. Creates facility vision that complies with company objectives. Ensures clear and concise objectives are in place for all employees and accountability against stated objectives.
- Promotes good relations with community, government agencies, customers, and union representatives (if applicable).
- Facilitates a good working relationship with Manager, Marketing, R& D, Corporate Finance and Logistics.
- Responsible for all employee relations programs and policies. Ensure that all associates are treated fairly and that policies and programs are administered consistently.
- Ensures the integrity of all financial reporting and financial controls in accordance with corporate policies and guidelines.
- Oversees operational excellence programs to ensure plant meets goals and objectives.
- Conducts or participates in labor negotiations (if applicable) and administers wage, salary, and bonus programs in accordance with corporate policies.
- Reviews, evaluates, and approves promotion and transfer of exempt personnel. Operates in a regulated environment.
- Actively participates in the development of the organization by supporting the career tracking process, TLR succession planning, and investing in employee training.
- Creates and maintains an environment of continuous improvement throughout the entire plant.
- Oversees responsibility for site security. Ensures that security protocols are followed and that the building remains reasonably secure. Regularly audits the site’s security systems for effectiveness.
- Duties and responsibilities may be added, deleted or changed at any time at the discretion of management, formally or informally, either verbally or in writing.
- Bachelor’s degree in related field, advanced degree preferred
- A minimum of 7+ years related work experience required, including 3+ years management experience
- 3+ years of injection molding and thermoforming experience strongly preferred
- Experience partnering closely with Human Resources, Cost Accounting, Engineering, and Production Planning preferred.
- Experience in Operational Excellence (Lean Six Sigma) strongly preferred
- Experience developing business-specific strategies and implementing them
- Excellent communication skills, both written and oral. Ability to communicate with all functions and levels within the company, as well as customers, suppliers, and the community.
- Demonstrated problem solving skills with many issues, develop solutions, and successfully implement corrective action plans through subordinates.
What is expected of you and others at this level
- Provides leadership to managers and experienced professional staff may also manage front line supervisors
- Manages an organizational budget
- Develops and implements policies and procedures to achieve organizational goals
- Assists in the development of functional strategy
- Decisions have an extended impact on work processes, outcomes, and customers
- Interacts with internal and/or external leaders, including senior management
- Persuades others into agreement in sensitive situations while maintaining positive relationships
Cardinal Health is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, or protected veteran status.