Cardinal Health Plant Controller- Manager, FP&A in Jacksonville, Texas
What Financial Planning & Analysis contributes to Cardinal Health
Financial Planning & Analysis is responsible for being objective and strategic financial partners, leading collaborative cross-functional effort to drive relevant, flexible and efficient financial planning and analysis that supports our key business decisions.
- Analyzes business trends
- leads and aligns financial forecasts and long range planning processes with our business leaders. Drives business value by providing financial and analytical counsel to facilitate decision-marking around strategic business initiatives.
- Prepares monthly financial reporting including variance and financial statement analysis. Able to clearly communicate a cohesive and concise story around business drivers behind financial data and potential implications on future results.
- Creates financial models and scenarios as a key input for business planning decisions in areas such as capital deployment, sourcing, product development, marketing strategies, and acquisitions.
- Manages annual budget processes, incorporating business initiatives, economic trends and operational effectiveness. Aligns budget to business strategies and gains alignment from business partners.
- Performs customer and product profitability analysis and makes investment and pricing decisions. Identifies opportunities to drive revenue growth, margin expansion and a more favorable mix (i.e., driving preferred products and services).
- Understands market dynamics and competitors. Conducts complex analysis, synthesizes and summarizes implications to business, influencing business partners using analytics and business understanding.
- Identifies and executes upon process improvement opportunities. Demonstrates proficiency of technical tools and financial systems.
- Serves as an objective financial steward with an enterprise perspective, safeguarding our company's assets. Ensures strong controls are in place and the company's intellectual property is protected.
- Bachelors degree in business related field, or equivalent work experience
- 8+ years experience in related field
- prior supervisory experience
Accountabilities in this role
- Monthly reporting, consolidation, and analysis of monthly financial performance for the plant.
- Coordination of the manufacturing operating plan and forecast process for plant (including standard cost build).
- Act as liaison between the plant and the wound Thermal business unit, as well as manufacturing operations finance to understand ongoing issues and provide ad-hoc analysis and financial modeling.
- Coordinate and document the SOX audit process, local/corporate audit requests, & external compliance requests.
- Continually enhance and automate the reporting capabilities to make information more useful and efficient.
- Support ad hoc projects to help operations understand the financial impact of decisions made (for example LSS, make versus buy, tax implications, and sourcing impacts).
What is expected of you and others at this level
- Manages department operations and supervises professional employees, frontline supervisors and/or business support staff
- Participates in the development of policies and procedures to achieve specific goals
- Ensures employees operate within guidelines
- Decisions have a short term impact on work processes, outcomes, and customers
- Interacts with subordinates, peer customers and suppliers at various management levels may interact with senior management
- Interactions normally involves resolution of issues related to operations and/or projects
- Gains consensus from various parties involved
Cardinal Health is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, or protected veteran status.