Cardinal Health Sr Analyst, Fin Plng & Anlys in Jacksonville, Texas
What Financial Planning & Analysis contributes to Cardinal Health
Financial Planning & Analysis is responsible for being objective and strategic financial partners, leading collaborative cross-functional effort to drive relevant, flexible and efficient financial planning and analysis that supports our key business decisions.
- Develop, analyze, and apply cost standards, for projects and operating plan.
- Drive change in the inventory management practices within the plant.
- Assist with the annual budget; initiate improvements to budgeting process/tools and budget versus actual variance analysis.
- Serve as a financial liaison to production areas supporting initiatives to improve operations. Provide production managers with financial analysis and metrics that help them manage their business more effectively. This will require much interaction, focus, and understanding of the plant operations.
- Analyze and report monthly PPV; work with Materials group to forecast PPV.
- Maintain inventory records: building and maintaining annual standard costs and mid-year bill of material changes; developing and maintaining a monthly ‘paper close’ perpetual inventory reconciliation; manage cycle count program and the annual physical inventory; and preparing the quarterly excess and obsolete inventory reviews.
- Responsible for key assistance with the month end close, monthly reporting and metric analysis, manufacturing variance analysis and explanations, and ad hoc analysis as requested.
- Ensure plant personnel follow internal control procedures.
- Ensure SOX compliance in inventory records and assist with SOX testing.
- Assist plant teams in implementing Lean Six Sigma projects.
- Assist when necessary with accounts payable, payroll, and fixed assets.
- Analyzes business trends
- Leads and aligns financial forecasts and long range planning processes with our business leaders. Drives business value by providing financial and analytical counsel to facilitate decision-marking around strategic business initiatives.
- Prepares monthly financial reporting including variance and financial statement analysis. Able to clearly communicate a cohesive and concise story around business drivers behind financial data and potential implications on future results.
- Manages annual budget processes, incorporating business initiatives, economic trends and operational effectiveness. Aligns budget to business strategies and gains alignment from business partners.
- Understands market dynamics and competitors. Conducts complex analysis, synthesizes and summarizes implications to business, influencing business partners using analytics and business understanding.
- Identifies and executes upon process improvement opportunities. Demonstrates proficiency of technical tools and financial systems.
- Serves as an objective financial steward with an enterprise perspective, safeguarding our company's assets. Ensures strong controls are in place and the company's intellectual property is protected.
Accountabilities in this role
- Requires 3 years accounting experience and knowledge of manufacturing, cost accounting, automated manufacturing systems such as PRMS, general accounting and financial reporting, and corporate and GAAP requirements.
- Strong analytical and math skills and general business acumen.
- Intermediate Microsoft Access and Excel skills, good with Word and PowerPoint.
- Experience with PRMS, Business Objects, SAP general ledger, SAP fixed assets and inventory, and Kronos a plus.
- Strong Interpersonal skills: To be able to successfully interact with all functions and levels of plant and external customers. It is imperative that this person be very effective in communicating, working in team environments, soliciting input from process users, and maintaining a high sense of detail, analysis, and maturity.
- Strong self-starter and have the ability to initiate analysis and improvements within the plant and the plant systems. This person must have the ability and initiative to take ownership of projects and to work independently to complete them.
- Good organizational skills with a strong attention to detail.
- Bachelors degree in Accounting
- 3 years experience in related field
What is expected of you and others at this level
- Applies working knowledge in the application of concepts, principles, and technical capabilities to perform varied tasks
- Works on projects of moderate scope and complexity
- Identifies possible solutions to a variety of technical problems and takes actions to resolve
- Applies judgment within defined parameters
- Receives general guidance may receive more detailed instruction on new projects
- Work reviewed for sound reasoning and accuracy
Cardinal Health is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, or protected veteran status.