Cardinal Health Associate II, Warehouse Operations in La Vergne, Tennessee
What is Our Goal?
To be the preferred partner in providing third-party logistics services and direct distribution to manufacturers of branded, specialty, and generic products from the point of manufacturer to the point of delivery in the supply chain.
How do we accomplish this?
Execution: Continuously improve execution through operational excellence and lean six-sigma discipline.
Customer Focus: Relentlessly focus on the customer to exceed their expectations and anticipate their future needs.
Innovation: Differentiate 3PL through innovative products and services to stay ahead of the changing customer needs.
Talent: Successfully incubate an innovative, entrepreneurial culture and to acquire, develop and retain key talent.
Why Choose Cardinal Health 3PL?
- Excellent training and development opportunities including a tuition reimbursement plan.
- Medical, dental, and vision benefits from the first date of employment.
- 23 days of paid time off (PTO) from the first date of employment.
- Respectful and Inclusive Culture
- 401K matching
- Temperature Controlled Environment
- Employee appreciation activities
- Top 25 on the Fortune 500 and voted one of Forbes’ America’s Best Employers
- Responsible for compliance and regulations concerning OSHA, DEA, FDA, and state/local authorities; adherence to cGMP guidelines
- Applies acquired knowledge and skills to complete standard tasks.
- Readily learns and applies new information and methods to work in assigned area
- Maintains appropriate licenses, training and certifications.
- Works on routine assignments that require some problem resolution.
- Work typically involves regular review of output by work lead or supervisor.
- Follow established Standard Operating Procedures (SOP’s) to process orders including accurately picking, performing quality control checks, sorting, consolidating freight, building and wrapping pallets, packing, loading and preparing the orders for shipment.
- Perform housekeeping and inventory control tasks, maintaining a clean work environment including complying with all Environmental Health and Safety requirements.
- Performs other duties and/or participates in projects as assigned by your manager or other management team member.
- Responsible for cross-training in multiple areas of the warehouse including inbound and outbound
- Receive large boxes on warehouse dock, scan product with RF scanner, and input product information into computer
- Break down cases of product and operate heavy equipment to replenish warehouse
- Utilize voice to pick system to pick large case items with material handling equipment or to pick small unit of measure items and place on cart
- Palletize large items to skid and wrap for shipment
- Pack small items in boxes
- Drive material handling equipment as required by job duty. Example equipment in the facility includes: order picker (cherry picker), forklift, reach truck, turret truck, pallet jack, and walkie rider
Preferred Qualifications and Skills
- Self-motivated with the ability to work in a team-oriented environment with limited supervision and an emphasis on customer satisfaction
- Strong attention to detail and ability to multi-task
- Must be able to work overtime with limited to no notice
- Aptitude to work in a fast paced distribution environment while meeting hourly established performance standards.
- Adherence to site safety regulations including wearing required personal protective equipment such as steel toed safety shoes
- Ability to consistently lift 50 lbs and be able to bend, reach, stoop, lift and stand for an entire shift
Cardinal Health is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, or protected veteran status.