Cardinal Health Senior Operator, Production Operations (Machine Operator) in LaVergne Pack, Tennessee
*Full-time permanent position
*Climate controlled environment
*23 days of paid time off
What Production Operation contributes to Cardinal Health
Operates light-duty bench- or floor-type machine tools and automation equipment. May set up machining machines and make adjustments, and perform maintenance on machines. Checks work using prescribed gauges, jigs and fixtures to measure close tolerances. Some machines may be numerically controlled. May monitor and verify quality in accordance with statistical process or other control procedures.
What is expected of you and others at this level
- Applies extensive knowledge and company policies to complete a wide range of assignments.
- Demonstrates expert understanding of all levels of the job family and has thorough knowledge of jobs outside area of responsibility.
- Takes the lead in effectively applying new processes and skills in accomplishing assignments.
- May provide technical guidance and training to others.
- Maintains appropriate licenses, training and certifications.
- Works on complex problems that require independent action and a high degree of initiative to resolve issue.
- Makes recommendation for new or revised processes and has a role on the implementation.
- Adheres to all quality guidelines.
- Works with minimal degree of supervision. Has latitude to make decisions in exceptional circumstances within established guidelines.
- Provides guidance to less experienced team members.
- May have team leader responsibilities but does not formally supervise.
Accountabilities in this role
- Follows established Standard Operating Procedures (SOP’s) in a production setting with a strong focus on quality and attention to detail.
- Performs housekeeping and inventory control tasks, maintaining a clean work environment including complying with all Environmental Health and Safety requirements.
- Performs other duties and/or participates in projects as assigned by your manager or other management team member.
- Understands and follow SOP’s.
- Follows key CGMP and quality procedures.
- Troubleshoots and/or resolves minor machine issues.
- Develops proficiency on equipment operation and basic machine maintenance.
- Runs process to ensure quality standards are met or exceeded.
- Knows production targets / goals and drives operation to achieve or exceed goals while ensuring quality is built in to the product.
- Adheres to health and safety rules and requires subordinates to follow health and safety rules.
- High School Diploma or GED required; 1-2 years college preferred.
- 3-5 years related work experience and/or training required.
- Previous experience working in light manufacturing, repack, or environment with detailed processes and high quality standards highly preferred.
- Previous cGMP environment experience highly preferred.
- Ability to lift up to 20lbs consistently while standing for long periods of time with frequent stooping or bending.
- Self-motivated with ability to work in a team-oriented environment with limited supervision and an emphasis on following documented procedures.
- Must be detail oriented and quality focused.
- Must possess excellent problem solving and analytical skills.
- Must have strong written and verbal communication skills.
- Must be motivated to strive for continuous improvement.
- Must have ability to adapt quickly, work under pressure, and prioritize workload in a fast paced and constantly changing environment.
- Must have a high level of personal integrity.
- Must maintain a strong Customer Service focus at all times.
- Fluent in the English language with the ability to read and write.
- Ability to comprehend and accurately process paperwork in accordance with policies and procedures.
- Strong communication skills.
- Flexible and adaptable with the ability to multi-task.
- Comfortable wearing medical scrubs, medical hair nets, medical beard nets, lab coats, etc. as required by job duty.
Cardinal Health is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, or protected veteran status.