Cardinal Health Senior Environment & Release Manager in Lewisville, Texas
We are seeking a Senior Environment and Release Manager to join our expanding Commercial Technology team in Lewisville, TX. This role will be an individual contributor, and will be responsible for our production releases and related reports and tasks.
- Manage schedule for regular Production releases (both feature and support releases) and provide scheduled/on-demand updates to a broad audience of stakeholders
- Coordinate with in-house and offshore teams on deployments, issue resolutions, code promotions, etc.
- Perform regular Release Readiness Assessments prior to promoting changes to production
- Examine challenges faced during release process in order to improve process/technology over time
- Strong communicator/collaborator – able to manage communications with business stakeholders, technical delivery teams, and Project Management organization
- Possess knowledge of and experience with software development lifecycle (SDLC) practices
- Monitors and manages proactive maintenance to application platform environments Documents and manages
- SOPs for software and information platform systems.
- Interfaces with business solution teams and partners on operational platform events as well as solution design needs.
- Bachelor's in a related field, or equivalent work experience
- 8+ years’ experience in Information Technology and Process Management roles
- Experience with multiple Software/Data/Platform domains
- Able to define, establish, and maintain Release Management practices for IT department. Perform regular reviews, and make corrective actions as needed to enable agile IT operations and regulatory compliance
- Able to manage a complex promotion and release environment including Development/QA/UAT/Production paths
Desired experience with specific technologies
- Cloud Technologies: Azure / AWS / Google Cloud
- ITSM platforms (ServiceNow preferred)
- Project Management familiarity
ITIL Foundation Certificate required
- ITIL Intermediate Certificate in Service Transition (ST) or Release, Control and Validation (RCV) preferred
- Familiarity with Agile / Continuous Integration / Continuous Deployment methodologies
What is expected of you and others at this level
- Applies advanced knowledge and understanding of concepts, principles, and technical capabilities to manage a wide variety of projects
- Participates in the development of policies and procedures to achieve specific goals
- Recommends new practices, processes, metrics, or models
- Works on or may lead complex projects of large scope
- Projects may have significant and long-term impact
- Provide solutions which may set precedent
- Independently determines method for completion of new projects
- Receives guidance on overall project objectives
- Acts as a mentor to less experienced colleagues
Cardinal Health is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, or protected veteran status.