Cardinal Health Bids & Tenders Representative - Spain (Medical Devices) in Madrid, Spain
At Cardinal Health, we're developing the innovative products and services that make healthcare safer and more productive. Join a growing, global company genuinely committed to making a difference for our customers and communities.
Current situation & brief summary of tasks & requirements
The position holds responsibility for handling tender/procurement - and contract activities together with Sales & Marketing in order to meet targets and fulfill demands in the market.
Essential Functions and Responsibilities
- Manage day to day tasks in the Bids & Tender department in the local country.
- Local process work with Tender management and Contract management. This includes adhering to and working in accordance with all related work instructions within the scope of responsibility.
- Proactive tender management coordination in all phases of the Procurement and Contract lifetime.
- Maintain close cooperation with all stakeholders both internal and external.
- Manage and develop the tender management process, look to make continuous improvements to the process.
- Ensure best bid creation where customers (internal and external) questions are answered, and the organization has the best possible chance of success.
- have an excellent appreciation of what the customer needs and how best to articulate how their organization can provide that
- Support other countries as needed.
- Use all valid B&T tools to secure Compliance and Control within the country.
- Secure a strong network with Country Sales & Marketing Management within Global Orthopaedics and Global Surgery.
Coordinate and engage in the continuous work with two different Business Systems.
Follow and adhere to all rules and regulations (internal as well as external) within the department responsibility.
Qualifications & experience
- Education : Bachelor’s degree in Business
- Languages : Fluency in both English and Spanish is required; ability to speak Portuguese is considered an asset
- Experience or knowledge about public procurement, purchase law and contract law
- Experience in a fast paced organization with a quick and pragmatic decisions approach
- Understanding local Health Care systems
- Good Experience within the B&T area
- Strong negotiation skills
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
- Financial awareness and numerical skills.
- Excellent knowledge of different business systems
- Extensive Computer software package skills (Excel)
- Ability to meet deadlines.
- Must maintain professional competence, ethical integrity, knowledge, and skills.
- Ability to think out of the box and propose innovative solutions / approaches.
- Time management, efficiency, the ability to meet deadlines work with minimal supervision
- Results Orientation: A self-starter who takes responsibility for objectives and results; holds oneself accountable for taking action to deliver business results.
- Strategic Thinking: Anticipates complex internal/external business issues that may impact organization. Creates and articulates a long-term strategic vision based on anticipated internal/external trends.
- Customer Focus: Collaborates with key internal/external customers to develop strategies that anticipate and address their business needs and challenges. Leverages knowledge and understanding of customer to develop cutting edge solutions that improve business results and shares key leanings with others.
- Disciplined Execution: Able to solve complex or unusual business problems while remaining process oriented, and adhering to details.
- Team Interaction: Fosters long-term relationships with key decision makers within/outside organization; sponsors team involvement; creates an environment in which diversity is utilized as a competitive advantage. Negotiates with customer and/or organizational leadership through effective listening and communication to accomplish broad business objectives.
Cardinal Health is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, or protected veteran status.