Cardinal Health Manager, Health Economics in Mansfield, Massachusetts
The Manager, Health Economics, Market Access, and Reimbursement will work with colleagues in Global Marketing, Regional Marketing, Commercial Operations, Regulatory, Compliance, Medical Affairs, R&D and Legal to ensure a competitive advantage in value-based healthcare markets through development and execution of strategies that integrate health economics, reimbursement, and value-based pricing to enable access to desired markets and drive revenue growth. Travel will be a requirement, and strong presentation and communication skills are needed.
- Ensure market access requirements are defined and included in Global and key Region launch plans with Value Propositions that reflect the needs of non-clinical stakeholders
- Independently lead the research planning process from study concept design, proposal development, protocol development, analysis and reporting.
- Lead the development of product launch pricing research design and insights generation.
- Proactively address complex analytical issues, which may impact market access and reimbursement decisions and evidence for product. Handle unforeseen circumstances and actively monitor and apply new analytical techniques.
- Timely response to reimbursement and market access questions from customers and field based representatives.
- Take on SME leadership of activities, deliverables and work-streams.
- Interact with cross-functional team members at a project level.
- Ability to work in a fast-paced and accountable environment.
- Identifies and effectively uses internal and external data sources and literature references to build evidenced based reimbursable dossiers and value propositions.
- Development and delivery of health economic value evidence to support commercial market access strategies.
- Prepares and delivers reimbursement and market access assessments for business planning, business development opportunities and internal product development.
- Work closely with global marketing and regional commercial teams to identify healthcare system opportunities and develop solutions for potential barriers to access impacting key products in the pipeline
- Communicate effectively and professionally with senior level executives and external stakeholders.
- Generation of communication materials, publications, and reports.
Direct Reports -- none
Minimum Qualification Requirements
Education: Undergraduate Degree Required
Graduate Degree (MBA, PhD, or MPH) highly preferred
Ability to travel up to 33%
- 8 years of relevant experience, including 3+ years in the medical device industry.
- Minimum of 3 years of direct cardiovascular / vascular experience.
- Practical experience & business acumen in medical devices market is preferred.
- Knowledge of US healthcare systems and their changing needs for health economic and payer analytic information (knowledge of OUS healthcare systems preferred).
- Strong knowledge of legal and regulatory environment influencing clinical development plans, labeling and promotional claims.
- Leadership skills and problem solving capability as demonstrated by ability to evaluate threats and opportunities for business strategy and modify as appropriate.
- Well-developed conceptual and integrative thinking with capability to access internal and external resources for advice.
- In depth understanding of and experience in Health Technology Assessment processes is preferred
- Experience in a HEMA related role is preferred
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
Cardinal Health is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, or protected veteran status.