Cardinal Health New Product Development Program Manager in Mansfield, Massachusetts
This position will be responsible for managing large-scale, new product development programs with multi-functional & global core teams. This will include the planning of all project activities, synchronization of Core Team efforts and management of the overall project schedule, resource requirements, and project budget. The Program Manager is responsible for driving program execution while ensuring that the program activities meet internal and external customer requirements and follow Product Development Process (PDP), including progress reporting and reviews by senior leadership.
• Evidence of managing multi-disciplined teams.
• Ability to multi-task in an environment of competing priorities.
• Excellent communication skills (written and verbal) and experienced in communicating with different levels throughout an organization
• Can anticipate customer expectations and is able to effectively communicate program information (status, risks, financials, etc) and respond to both planned and unplanned queries
• Demonstrated ability to present to large executive forums.
• Demonstrated ability to address under-performing team members / dysfunctional team dynamics and skilled at conflict resolution
• Gains cooperation and commitment from people through influence, not authority.
• Actively seeks collaboration and builds relationships with internal customers and external partners to improve overall outcomes and timely project completion
• Responds well under pressure and manages stress
• Can effectively cope with change and ambiguity as business needs shift, demonstrating flexibility while ensuring compliance.
• Makes timely, sound decisions under conditions of uncertainty
• Quickly determines which parties are stakeholders in a decision and involves them as needed.
• Takes responsibility for decisions, actions and results; demonstrates credibility and trustworthiness
• Shares information and lessons learned to create new skills in others
• Seeks and accepts feedback for self improvement
• Demonstrated ability to develop project plans - skilled at considering all internal and external influencing factors and incorporating sufficient mitigation strategies
• 5+ years of successful demonstrated experience in managing large technical complex new product development projects.
• BS in Engineering or Technical Field required and MBA preferred
• PMP Certification a plus
• Product Development Experience Required and Medical Device a plus
• Expert level Microsoft Project
• Strong influence, facilitation and problem solving skills.
• Demonstrated strong planning and organizational skills
- Action Oriented Integrity & Trust
- Approachability Informing
- Building Effective Teams Negotiating
- Comfort Around Higher Management Managerial Courage
- Strong Command Skills Motivating Others
- Perseverance Process Management
- Organizational Agility Planning
- Directing Others Political Savvy
- Drive for Results Presentation Skills
- Delegation Timely Decision Making
- Decision Quality Written Communications
- Organized Functional / Technical Skills
- Global Project Management
• Travel approximately 15%.
Cardinal Health is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, or protected veteran status.