Cardinal Health Sr. Advanced Manufacturing Engineer in Mansfield, Massachusetts
SUMMARY OF POSITION:
The Senior Manufacturing Engineer will support the broader R&D teams on new product development for both capital and disposable medical devices. This position will work closely with a project team to identify, select, develop, and manage new products/finished goods suppliers through all stages of the product lifecycle.
This position will primarily work on NPD (New Product Development) projects, the design, development and manufacturing of which could be external in nature. This role will require working very closely with suppliers on development projects to ensure that the supplier has a clear understanding of customer needs; practices disciplined use of facts, data, and statistical analysis and pays diligent attention to managing, improving, and reinventing product manufacturing processes. This role is responsible for appropriate application of OpEx/Mfg tools and techniques aligned with Design for Lean/Six Sigma initiatives. This is a hands-on position and the responsible individual will be highly involved in identifying powerful solutions to mitigate process risks as well as provide guidance and expertise to steer and assist various teams involved with NPD and other specialized projects, related to life cycle management, cost savings, and general quality improvement projects.
Represent OpEx/Mfg in the identification of and evaluation of potential suppliers
- Provide senior leadership and core teams with supplier/partner recommendations based on results of the On-site Business Assessment, primarily focused on supplier gap analysis and development plan
Develop, implement, and monitor supplier development initiatives
- Deploy advanced problems solving tools and methodologies to ensure process capability, control and sustainability (Six Sigma)
- Train Suppliers in accordance with Gap Analysis and Supplier Development Plan
- Promote a culture of continuous improvement and cost reduction with existing and new suppliers.
- Facilitate and monitor all manufacturing process development efforts at the supplier
Liaise with supplier and internal functions (Project Management, Quality Assurance, R&D, GBU Sourcing, OpEx/Mfg etc.) to develop supplier capability through supplier assessment and feedback, training and supplier incentives
Implement Six Sigma/Lean Tools as applicable with the Supplier on NPD projects with respect to manufacturing/operational excellence.
Guide and support Core and Extended team members in identifying and applying appropriate DFSS/Lean elements for their project
- Manage work-streams involving the creation, specification and validation of injection mold tooling, assembly lines, automation equipment and general assembly fixtures used in the production of a finished medical device.
- Support cost assessments related to product manufacturing cost and capital equipment costs.
Participate in Design Stage Reviews
Understand GMP and ISO requirements related to manufacturing and quality
- Provide technical and analytical assistance to suppliers for manufacturing (materials, process and inspection) and capability improvements
MINIMUM REQUIREMENTS :
- BS degree or equivalent degree in Mechanical Engineering or other related field of study. MS, MBA or other technical graduate degree preferred.
- 3+ years of solid demonstrated experience in OpEx/Manufacturing, Product/Process Development, and Process Improvement implementation. Electro Mechanical experience is highly desired.
- Demonstrated track record of effectively influencing and negotiating with all levels of an organization and with external organizations
- Demonstrated knowledge and expertise in manufacturing, supplier development, risk/issue management, implementation planning, training/communication, from an OpEx/Mfg perspective
- Mastery of Six Sigma principles is required with Black Belt Certification preferred
- Working Knowledge and Lean Implementation experience is preferred
- Strong Conflict Resolution Skills and ability to influence without authority
- Effective Active Listening Skills
- Demonstrated ability to work successfully in complex and emerging business and project areas, leveraging interpersonal skills and technical skills to optimize results
- Ability to work in a team setting as well as independently and with all levels of managers, associates, clients and customers
- Strong analytical and statistical problem solving tools
- Mastery of software programs — Minitab, Microsoft Word, PowerPoint, Excel
- Excellent oral/written communication skills and presentation skills
- Multilingual is preferred
- 25-30% travel (Domestic & International)
ORGANIZATIONAL RELATIONSHIPS/SCOPE :
This position reports to the Advanced Manufacturing Engineering Manager
Cardinal Health is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, or protected veteran status.