Cardinal Health Sr Advanced Manufacturing Engineer in Mansfield, Massachusetts
Represent OpEx/Mfg in the identification of and evaluation of potential suppliers
- Provide senior leadership and core teams with supplier/partner recommendations based on results of the On-site Business Assessment, primarily focused on supplier gap analysis and development plan
Develop, implement, and monitor supplier development initiatives
- Deploy advanced problems solving tools and methodologies to ensure process capability, control and sustainability (Six Sigma)
- Train Suppliers in accordance with Gap Analysis and Supplier Development Plan
- Promote a culture of continuous improvement and cost reduction with existing and new suppliers.
- Facilitate and monitor all manufacturing process development efforts at the supplier
Liaise with supplier and internal functions (Project Management, Quality Assurance, R&D, GBU Sourcing, OpEx/Mfg etc.) to develop supplier capability through supplier assessment and feedback, training and supplier incentives
Implement Six Sigma/Lean Tools as applicable with the Supplier on NPD projects with respect to manufacturing/operational excellence.
Guide and support Core and Extended team members in identifying and applying appropriate DFSS/Lean elements for their project
- Manage work-streams involving the creation, specification and validation of injection mold tooling, assembly lines, automation equipment and general assembly fixtures used in the production of a finished medical device.
- Support cost assessments related to product manufacturing cost and capital equipment costs.
Participate in Design Stage Reviews
Understand GMP and ISO requirements related to manufacturing and quality
- Provide technical and analytical assistance to suppliers for manufacturing (materials, process and inspection) and capability improvements
MINIMUM REQUIREMENTS :
- BS degree or equivalent degree in Mechanical Engineering or other related field of study. MS, MBA or other technical graduate degree preferred.
- 3+ years of solid demonstrated experience in OpEx/Manufacturing, Product/Process Development, and Process Improvement implementation. Electro Mechanical experience is highly desired.
- Demonstrated track record of effectively influencing and negotiating with all levels of an organization and with external organizations
- Demonstrated knowledge and expertise in manufacturing, supplier development, risk/issue management, implementation planning, training/communication, from an OpEx/Mfg perspective
- Mastery of Six Sigma principles is required with Black Belt Certification preferred
- Working Knowledge and Lean Implementation experience is preferred
- Strong Conflict Resolution Skills and ability to influence without authority
- Effective Active Listening Skills
- Demonstrated ability to work successfully in complex and emerging business and project areas, leveraging interpersonal skills and technical skills to optimize results
- Ability to work in a team setting as well as independently and with all levels of managers, associates, clients and customers
- Strong analytical and statistical problem solving tools
- Mastery of software programs — Minitab, Microsoft Word, PowerPoint, Excel
- Excellent oral/written communication skills and presentation skills
- Multilingual is preferred
- 25-30% travel (Domestic & International)
ORGANIZATIONAL RELATIONSHIPS/SCOPE :
This position reports to the Advanced Manufacturing Engineering Manager
Cardinal Health is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, or protected veteran status.