Cardinal Health Field Service Engineer in Massachusetts, Massachusetts
Cardinal Health Inventory Management Solutions (CIMS) is a SaaS solution enabling healthcare providers and manufacturers to effectively manage supplies with market-leading innovative technology. CIMS leverages a portfolio of advanced hardware (e.g. RFID) and cloud-based software including an advanced analytics platform providing full visibility and control of all supplies from low cost commodities to high cost devices and implants. Our global footprint and continuous innovation deliver the most cost effective and workflow efficient patient care possible. Our operations team is looking for a field service engineer to help deploy our solution onsite at our customer locations.
- Assist in coordinating hospital installations and repairs for all current and new customers. This includes, but is not limited to, compiling pre-field service metrics, preparing visit documentation, obtaining and configuring replacement parts, attending pre-field service meetings, coordinating travel arrangements and ensuring that all logistical issues are addressed prior to any service or install visits
- Remote troubleshooting and resolution of customer related technical issues
- Install/configure computer hardware and software on site as well as conduct extensive audit processes to ensure equipment is fully operational.
- Collaborate with hospital IT department as well as internal resources to ensure network and interfaces are connected and running properly.
- Perform on-site and remedial training for customers which includes the use of installed devices as well as our online application
- Perform routine maintenance and updates either via remote connection to installed devices in production environment
- Analyze system data trends in an effort to get ahead of and prevent system issues
- BS in Electronics Technology, Electrical Engineering, or Computer Science preferred
- At least 2 -4 years of related work experience
- Strong technical orientation and experience supporting proprietary and standard applications in a technical field support environment.
- Strong analytical skills and able to organize and interpret data from various sources
- Understanding of hospital procedure area workflows preferred
- Basic understanding of Linux and SQL required
- Familiarity with network base monitoring tools
- Proficiency with VPN (Site to Site and RDT) and remote supports tools VPN, Citrix, Network Connect
- Proficiency with working in a virtual environment
- Ability to travel upwards of 90% of the time
- Ability to effectively manage multiple tasks, prioritize as necessary so that all clients receive the highest level of customer service. Must have clear, concise written and verbal communication skills.
- High level of enthusiasm/energy coupled with the ability to work in a team environment
Cardinal Health is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, or protected veteran status.