Cardinal Health Supply Chain Demand Planner - Mexico in Mexico City, Mexico
Supply Chain Demand Planner will be responsible for demand planning and inventory management with the goal to meet or exceed customer service targets.
What Inventory Mgmt contributes to Cardinal Health
Inventory Management is accountable for the design and execution of demand planning and customer forecasting systems, supply planning, product deployment, and expediting processes and the development and implementation of a stocking optimization model to minimize costs and inventory while delivering on service requirements.
- BS/BA degree with 5+ years of related experience;or
- MBA / MS in relevant discipline and 2+ years of related experience; or equivalent combination of education and experience.
- Proficiency with Microsoft Excel required.
- Knowledge of Planning Systems such as Manugistics and/or ERP systems a plus.
- Excellent written and oral English communication skills.
- Good interpersonal skills.
- Solid understanding of forecasting and inventory management as it relates to master scheduling and materials requirement planning.
What is expected of you and others at this level
- Maintains demand forecasts in planning system, with the goal of improving forecasting metrics (MAPE/BIAS)
- Collaborates with commercial partners to gather market intelligence
- Drives the monthly Sales & Operations Planning Process and Business Plan Cycle
Life Cycle Management (New Products)
- Lead the planning aspects of new product launches during all phases
- Determines new product ramp-up schedules, including initial safety stock requirements
- Leads product phase out coordination with Marketing
- Reviews master production schedules weekly to ensure inventory is maintained at target levels
- Maintain safety stock and system parameters
- Identify slow moving and obsolete product as necessary
- Proactively communicate with Manufacturing, Quality and Customer Service to increase supply when customer service is in risk
- When supply is less than demand, recommend inventory allocation plans such that worldwide customer service is maximized
- Serves as primary contact with manufacturing for planning issues
- Complete complex spreadsheet analysis
- Query databases and systems for information required for decision-making
- Prepare logistics related presentations for senior management as required
- Responsible for ensuring personal and company compliance with all Federal, State, local and company regulations, policies and procedures for Health, Safety and Environmental compliance
Cardinal Health is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, or protected veteran status.