Cardinal Health Advisor, Cordis NA FP&A in Milpitas, California
What Financial Planning & Analysis contributes to Cardinal Health
Financial Planning & Analysis is responsible for being objective and strategic financial partners, leading collaborative cross-functional effort to drive relevant, flexible and efficient financial planning and analysis that supports our key business decisions.
- Prepares monthly financial reporting including variance and financial statement analysis. Provide in depth analysis of key drivers on variance and potential implications on future results.
- Leads and aligns financial forecasts and long range planning processes with our business leaders. Drives business value by providing financial and analytical counsel to facilitate decision-marking around strategic business initiatives.
- Creates financial models and scenarios as a key input for business planning decisions in areas such as capital deployment, sourcing, product development, marketing strategies, and acquisitions.
- Manages annual budget processes, incorporating business initiatives, economic trends and operational effectiveness. Aligns budget to corporate assumptions, business strategies and gains alignment from business partners.
- Identifies and executes upon process improvement opportunities. Demonstrates proficiency of technical tools and financial systems.
- Ability to build trusted relationship and collaborate with Regional Finance teams, Accounting, IT and cross functions teams.
- Supports ad hoc analysis and dig into variance drivers to support management discussion and decisions.
- Serves as an objective financial steward with an enterprise perspective, safeguarding our company's assets.
- Bachelors degree in Finance, Accounting or a business related field, or equivalent work experience
- 5+ years experience in related field
What is expected of you and others at this level
- Applies comprehensive knowledge and a thorough understanding of concepts, principles, and technical capabilities to perform varied tasks and projects.
- Communicate effectively with all levels, both written and verbally.
- Be proactive and pragmatic in problem solving by offering sustainable solutions.
- Able to work independently under general guidance
- May contribute to the development and/or improvement of process or procedures
- Support Ad hoc projects and company initiatives as needed.
- May act as a mentor to less experienced colleagues
Cardinal Health is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, or protected veteran status.