Cardinal Health Senior Biostatisician in Milpitas, California
- Works with stakeholders to identify business opportunities, goals, or objectives
- determines if objectives can be met using an analytical approach and develops hypothesis.
- Identifies key data requirements and acquires data
- harmonizes, rescales, and cleans data for statistical techniques
- applies data visualization techniques to evaluate data for model specification etc.
- Builds custom quantitative models by applying advanced statistical methods such as causal and predictive modeling, forecasting, data mining, simulation, and/or optimization.
- Demonstrates the ability to perform validation and testing of models to ensure adequacy and determines need for reformulation.
- Interprets results of quantitative models, identifies trends and issues, and develops alternatives to support business objectives.
- Demonstrates ability to clearly and concisely communicate complex information to a variety of audiences and mediums.
- Partners with stakeholders and technologist to implement/automate/operationalize models into day-to-day business decision making.
- Bachelors Degree in related field, or equivalent work experience
- 4+ years experience in related field preferred
- Advanced Degree in related field preferred
What is expected of you and others at this level
- Applies advanced knowledge and understanding of concepts, principles, and technical capabilities to manage a wide variety of projects
- Participates in the development of policies and procedures to achieve specific goals
- Recommends new practices, processes, metrics, or models
- Works on or may lead complex projects of large scope
- Projects may have significant and long-term impact
- Provides solutions which may set precedent
- Independently determines method for completion of new projects
- Receives guidance on overall project objectives
- Acts as a mentor to less experienced colleagues
Cardinal Health is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, or protected veteran status.