Cardinal Health Sr. Product Manager, Stents in Milpitas, California
Sr. Product Manager, Stents
What Product or Services Marketing contributes to Cardinal Health
Function: Marketing -- At Cardinal Health, the marketing organization is the central hub of business driving activity. Marketing takes the lead on all aspects of the marketing mix – product, price, place, people and promotion. Marketing analyzes customer behavior to understand their needs, and motivations, broadly defines and communicates the brand purpose and passionately delivers total solutions for our customers.
Family: Product or Solutions Marketing -- Product Marketing applies the full range of marketing disciplines to drive integrated commercial marketing plans that result in customer acquisition, loyalty, sales growth and improved profitability.
- Leverages customer and regional / geographical market knowledge and strong cross- functional collaboration to develop positioning, messaging, content, promotional tactics/programs to drive demand and meet annual business plans. Identifies and remains current on market trends.
- Delivers regional forecasting to inform rigorous demand planning, in cooperation with delivery teams such as manufacturing, RFP/contracting, software development and/or operations.
- Drives pricing and promotional tactics and strategies to achieve business objectives and optimize product profitability in collaboration with Product Management & Development.
- Understands methods available to execute primary research (VOC) that are necessary to decision making. Identifies market opportunities through VOC/secondary research and takes action by implementing and managing solutions.
- Demonstrates knowledge of marketing disciplines and concepts necessary for building business & omni-channel marketing plans and identifies the appropriate channels to market.
- Demonstrates strong financial acumen and P&L management.
- Demonstrates strong working knowledge of products and is a strong advocate of the brand.
- Assesses the landscape and leverages segmentation to focus sales and marketing efforts on the best audiences and opportunities.
- Create meaningful customer segmentation for responsible product categories to boost account targeting and messaging strategies
- Create differentiated and meaningful product positioning and messaging, evolving both as needed over the lifecycle of the product
- Lead the creation of product core creative and marketing collateral with marketing communications, including brochures, animations, illustrations, sell sheets, adverts, etc.
- Craft strategic communication plan (internal/external) and optimize with partners to create significant noise and momentum with the launch
- Drive strategy and execution at national tradeshows
- Drive conference strategy for EluNIR focused on promotion and competitive intelligence gathering
- Lead competitive & clinical positioning, economic selling, and objection handling for responsible product category.
- Capture competitive intel and create key talking points for the field
- Drive effective messaging and corresponding tools for economic customers
- Partner with R&D and other partners to showcase product performance and features vs. competition
- Manage objections in the field through tool development and customer visits, and support area and regional sales meetings to drive execution of product priorities
- Bachelors degree in related field, or equivalent work experience, preferred.
- 8+ years experience in related field, preferred.
What is expected of you and others at this level
- Applies advanced knowledge and understanding of concepts, principles, and technical capabilities to manage a wide variety of projects
- Participates in the development of policies and procedures to achieve specific goals
- Recommends new practices, processes, metrics, or models
- Works on or may lead complex projects of large scope
- Projects may have significant and long-term impact
- Provides solutions which may set precedent
- Independently determines method for completion of new projects
- Receives guidance on overall project objectives
- Acts as a mentor to less experienced colleagues
Cardinal Health is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, or protected veteran status.