Cardinal Health Sr. Product Manager in Milpitas, California
Sr. Product Manager – New Business Development Portfolio Lead
Cordis, a Cardinal Health company, is a recognized leader in providing interventional solutions for peripheral and coronary vascular disease. Cordis’ clinical customers include the interventional cardiology, interventional radiology and vascular surgery communities, and Cordis partners with hospitals and physicians to provide the best possible value to their patients
The New Business Development lead is the portfolio-level driver of new business development deals within Global Strategic Marketing organization. In this role, you will be responsible for the identification, development and transition to launch of new commercial opportunities across the coronary/endo portfolios, as well as in key strategic market adjacencies.
Competencies for the Successful New Business Development Portfolio Lead
- Demonstrates a clear commercial understanding of the coronary and endovascular medical device markets
- Engages with cross-functional internal and external experts, driving understanding and quantitation of new product and/or service opportunities, coordinating and/or executing commercial diligence.
- Demonstrates strong financial acumen and logical decision making in the general businessenvironment. Understandsand can demonstrate sound thought processes as it relates to pricing, deal structure and assessing financial implications.
- Translates practical insights from quantitative market research and/or in-depth-interviews into quantitative market assessments and/or competitive market forecasts.
- Reinforce best-in-class modeling and forecasting competencies, supporting active transactions and deal diligence
- Manage global commercial pipeline and funnel for New Business Development activities, supporting and driving cross-functional execution
- Drive best-practice global sales analytics to drive actionable insights for regional and global leadership.
- Product opportunity landscape scans and engagement rationales to drive new transactions
- Monitor deal execution and performance
- Support and facilitate evolution of global business unit strategy
- Design and execute market research to
- Ability to work independently, using good judgment, initiative and analytical abilities, to accomplish short and long-range projects, anticipate likely needs, and recommend actions with minimal direction.
- Ability to influence decision-making and action across the organization and influence others independent of reporting structure.
- Ability to work as a team member and to be very flexible, adaptable, and to work under pressure.
- Self-motivated and self-directed; conscientious approach to work assignments; enjoys the challenges of multitasking and working at a fast pace while staying flexible to shift tasks frequently
- Excellent interpersonal and negotiating skills; ability to adapt to changing work priorities; and ability to maintain good working relationships while dealing appropriately with sensitive and confidential matters.
- 8+ years work experience
- 2+ years venture capital, private equity, management consulting, or investment banking
- 2+ years medical technology/device marketing experience, launch experience preferred
- Experience defining and executing business strategies
- Bachelor degree in a technical or scientific field. MBA preferred.
- Lead role in at least 1 licensing, acquisition or distribution deal for a medical device
What is expected of you and others at this level
- Manages department operations and supervises professional employees, frontline supervisors and/or business support staff
- Participates in the development of policies and procedures to achieve specific goals
- Ensures employees operate within guidelines
- Decisions have a short term impact on work processes, outcomes, and customers
- Interacts with subordinates, peer customers and suppliers at various management levels and may interact with senior management
- Interactions normally involves resolution of issues related to operations and/or projects
- Gains consensus from various parties involved
Cardinal Health is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, or protected veteran status.