Cardinal Health Sr Machine Operator - Shift D (7pm-7am) in Moberly, Missouri
What Machine Operation contributes to Cardinal Health
Sets up and operates a variety of machine tools to make metal parts, mechanisms, tools, or machines to exacting tolerances and dimensions.
- Interprets blueprints, sketches, and engineering specifications
- Determines sequence of operations, number of cuts required, and method of setup
- Uses a variety of machinist's hand tools and precision measuring instruments
- Makes standard shop computations relating to dimensions of work, tooling, feeds, and speeds
- Measures, marks, and scribes dimensions and reference points to lay out stock for machining
- Fits and assembles precision parts into mechanical equipment and determines material, parts, and equipment required. Some machines may be numerically controlled. May monitor and verify quality in accordance with statistical process or other control procedures. Typically requires completion of a formal apprenticeship or equivalent training and experience.
- High School Diploma or GED
- 0 - 6 months previous work experience required
What is expected of you and others at this level
- Applies basic skills and techniques to complete routine tasks within assigned area
- Maintains appropriate licenses, training and certifications
- Works on basic and routine assignments
- Works within clearly defined Standard Operating Procedures and/or scientific methods
- Adheres to all quality guidelines
- Works under close supervision. All work is reviewed for accuracy
- Any deviations from the norm are approved by the supervisor before proceeding.
Cardinal Health is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, or protected veteran status.