Cardinal Health Director of Operations in MS, United States
What Operations Management contributes to Cardinal Health
Operations Management is responsible for strategic oversight and leadership direction within the Operations function.
Accountabilities in this role
We are currently seeking a Director of Operations to lead and support the day to day operations for our Distribution Center located in Olive Branch, Mississippi, just outside of Memphis. This leader will have financial and operational responsibility for a 385,000 square foot Distribution Center. This Regional Distribution Center services hospitals and surgery centers in the Mississippi, Arkansas, and Tennessee areas. The 3PL accounts as well as the Cordis distribution business services the entire domestic and international market. The successful candidate will have direct/indirect responsibility for over 180 employees.
- Total pipeline logistics, planning, employee engagement, and development to include management of Inbound, Outbound, Quality Inventory Control, EHS, QRA, Sox Compliance, transportation, and maintenance of facility and grounds.
- Work with Sales on customer contracts regarding new business and renewals.
- P&L responsibility
- Serve as project leader for new building implementations, consolidations and closures
- Manages a staff of employees to ensure the timely distribution and receipt of product while meeting the Distribution Center standards of budget, policies, procedures, and quality.
- Responsible for supervisory and employee development, which includes, but is not limited to training, coaching, counseling and performance appraisals.
- Monitors warehouse productivity, adheres to budget requirements, and works towards obtaining Distribution Center objectives and operations goals.
- Coordinates the maintenance of warehouse equipment, guiding both preventive maintenance programs and coordinating all necessary repairs.
- Ensures that warehouse personnel have safe, efficient equipment in order to perform the distribution functions. Recommends and implements programs, policies, and strategies to increase production and efficient space utilization within the facility.
- Implements and administers all policies and procedures.
- Ensures quality service is provided to the customers, and ensures prompt follow-through on customer correspondence, complaints and inquiries related to the shipment of merchandise and stock-on-hand.
- Handles general employee inquiries and resolves concerns in a timely fashion.
- Prepares and submits daily and weekly production reports.
- Maintains positive employee relations.
- Ensures that the corporation’s Core Values are consistently promoted and practiced.
- Participates in Customer “RFP’s” to ensure operations costing and fee structures are sustainable.
- Works with peers within and outside the region on national projects as needed.
- Attends customer business reviews to present operations status.
- Participates in customer initiatives and provides operations input.
- Builds strong teams by providing opportunities for growth and development.
- Host various teams at the facility, both internal and external, and provide facility support as needed.
- Continue to look for creative ways to improve the facility and operations through established standards and new ideas.
- Helps build up VOE Scores by promoting employee engagement in solutions and improvements.
- Ability to successfully manage multiple competing priorities.
- Bachelor’s degree preferred
- Minimum of 7-10 years’ experience
- Previous leadership experience
- Strong communication/interpersonal skills
- Experience in medical distribution or other FDA regulated industry
- Previous experience with Lean Six Sigma desired
- Strong working knowledge of Microsoft Office, SAP and AIMS 10
What is expected of you and others at this level
- Provides leadership to managers and experienced professional staff may also manage front line supervisors
- Manages an organizational budget
- Develops and implements policies and procedures to achieve organizational goals
- Assists in the development of functional strategy
- Decisions have an extended impact on work processes, outcomes, and customers
- Interacts with internal and/or external leaders, including senior management
- Persuades others into agreement in sensitive situations while maintaining positive relationships
Cardinal Health is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, or protected veteran status.