Cardinal Health Hospital Pharmacist FULL TIME in Muncie AMG Specialty Hosp, Indiana
Cardinal Health Innovative Delivery Solutions
With over 45 years of experience in helping hundreds of hospital and outpatient pharmacies, we provide access to best practice strategies and tactics to control costs, improve workflow and enhance safety. Cardinal Health Innovative Delivery Solutions is one of the largest employers of acute-care pharmacist in the United States. Cardinal Health is the employer of choice for pharmacists because we offer a variety of career opportunities in pharmacy leadership, clinical specialties, remote order entry, business management, medication therapy management and more.
Hospital Pharmacist - FULL TIME - MUNCIE INDIANA
***THIS POSITION IS FT 32 HOURS PER WEEK
Our Pharmacists provide pharmaceutical care services to the patients of the hospital including, but not limited to oversight, monitoring, preparation, dispensing and proper documentation of patient medication therapy as well as providing drug information, patient information and oversight of information and dispensing systems. The successful candidate will work with the team to ensure compliance with Federal, State and local laws and regulations as well as proper storage and documentation of pharmaceuticals. Staff pharmacists supervise and direct support personnel. In the absence of the pharmacy manager, a staff pharmacist may be required to assume the essential responsibilities and perform the duties of the pharmacy manager.
- Interprets medical orders (verbal and written) and transcribes to computerized patient medication profiles accurately. Maintains accurate, complete patient medication profiles.
- Compounds and dispenses pharmaceuticals, including sterile, chemotherapy, and parenteral nutrition products accurately.
- Issues controlled substances to patient care areas and maintains records as required by law.
- Monitors drug therapy regimens for contraindications, drug-drug interactions, drug-food interactions, allergies, and appropriateness of drug and dose.
- Assists with pharmacokinetics consult service and drug dosing per organizational protocol.
- Reviews/interprets culture and susceptibility data for antibiotic appropriateness and recommends changes, as needed.
- Reads, extracts, and interprets information in patient charts accurately.
- Detects and reports suspected adverse drug reactions accurately and in a timely manner.
- Sustains the formulary by minimizing nonformulary procurements, utilizing therapeutic substitution protocols, and promoting rational drug therapy selection.
- Provides clinical consultation and clarification to practitioners. Suggests appropriate, cost-effective therapeutic alternatives to medical staff, as needed.
- Provides accurate, adequate, and timely drug information to the professional staff.
- Provides drug information to patients and their families.
- Documents all clinical activities and interventions accurately and completely.
- Participates in the quality improvement and medication use review activities of the department. Collects data; conducts quality monitors and inspections; and maintains logs, records, and other documentation as assigned.
- Participates in the development and presentation of orientation, education, and training programs to the pharmacy, medical, nursing, and other staffs.
- Pharmacy Degree (B.S. or PharmD)
- Hospital pharmacy experience preferred
- Eligible for licensure in the state IN
- Interest in developing pharmaceutical care programs
- Proven customer service skills
Cardinal Health is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, or protected veteran status.