Cardinal Health Manager, Software Engineering in Newton, Massachusetts
The Manager of Software Engineering position works primarily on technical design and delivery at the application and module level. He or she understands the business value for various modules and assists in defining the software development life cycle. It requires driving team decisions and matching employee goals with organizational goals. This position is accountable for work definitions and project plans. It is a highly autonomous role, which requires a creative, collaborative employee who can manage a high functioning team of onshore/offshore engineers.
Principal Duties and Responsibilities
- Review, evaluate and approve software development specifications, projects, proposals, methods and schedules.
- Monitor progress on a variety of software products/projects to ensure fulfillment of product and scheduling objectives.
- Develops and applies state-of-the-art methods to the creation, design and development of complex programs, applications and projects.
- Plans, conducts and directs major projects, to resolve advanced and complex technical problems.
- Expert level knowledge of object-oriented programming, relational databases (RDBMS), UNIX and new/advanced programming languages
- Establish requirements for software documentation.
- May work with the marketing department to design and develop software for specific customer applications.
- Act as an advisor to subordinate staff members on complex technical problems.
- Leadership and management of 3-4 software engineering team members.
- Hire, manage, develop, and mentor staff.
- Promote and implement best practices, based on Agile standards.
- Serve as point of escalation with internal and external customers as necessary to resolve issues.
- Bachelor's degree in Computer Science or related field.
- 12+ years’ experience building Enterprise-class SaaS products using technologies like Tomcat, Java, Spring, JMS, Web/RESTful services, Oracle, MongoDB and AWS.
- 3+ years hands-on team leadership experience; 12+ years hands-on development experience.
- Demonstrated experience in the areas of multithreading, scalability, and application of design patterns supporting high availability services.
- Direct experience in Scrum methodologies.
- Direct experience in an Agile Environment.
- Ability to lead and contribute parallel projects spread across multiple development teams.
- Advanced application of enterprise architecture patterns.
- Deep understanding of foundational concepts, supporting frameworks, and protocols.
- Outstanding leadership, time management, communication and ability to work.
naviHealth partners with health plans, health systems and post-acute providers to manage the entire continuum of post-acute care. We utilize evidence-based protocols to optimize care and bundled payment methodologies to align all stakeholders. The result: optimized care and outcomes, reduced inpatient days, reduced hospital readmissions, and increased patient satisfaction.
We care about the people we serve.
We care about each other.
We care about our communities.
We embrace innovation.
We like simple.
naviHealth ™ is proud to be an equal opportunity/affirmative action employer. We are committed to attracting, retaining and maximizing the performance of a diverse and inclusive workforce. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, or protected veteran status.
Cardinal Health is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, or protected veteran status.