Cardinal Health Manager, User Experience in Newton, Massachusetts
naviHealth is the result of over a decade of dedicated visionary leaders and innovative organizations challenging the status quo for PAC management solutions. We do healthcare differently and we are changing healthcare one patient at a time. How might you ask? By hiring talented clinicians, engineers, analysts, and healthcare leaders to create and utilize cutting edge technology to provide the patient with the best level of care for the right amount of time.
Why Is This Role Critical?
Our User Experience team has a critical role in taking complex requirements and visualizing a simple, elegant user experience. In return, the team members are empowered to drive the user's experience across our suite of solutions. Our designers collaborate across internal functions and with our clients to understand their needs and propose thoughtful approaches to addressing key challenges. Moreover, our User Experience and Product Management teams work hand-in-hand, meaning the successful candidate will influence features and product requirements early in the process rather than receiving instructions late in the game. As a Senior Designer, you will be responsible for not only executing tactical design work but also influencing the team’s process, guiding more junior designers, and representing the team across naviHealth.
• Help define the user model and user interface for new and existing products and features.
• Develop high level and/or detailed storyboards, mockups, and prototypes to effectively communicate interaction and design ideas.
• Work with and extend existing interface designs and patterns.
• Conduct usability testing to ensure that designs are aligned with the user's ability and expectations.
• Review the usability of new and existing products, and making constructive suggestions for change.
• Drive improvements in naviHealth’s User Experience processes, tools, and approach.
• Guide other team members in their work, weighing in on focus areas and priorities to ensure alignment with the broader Product team as well as the overall business.
• Effectively manage multiple projects across various stages of the design life cycle.
• Management of direct reports and other responsibilities may be required.
What you will need to be successful…
• Bachelor’s degree in related discipline preferred.
• 8+ years of relevant work experience, including early stage/new product conceptualization as well as shipping of new version and/or feature enhancements of existing products.
• Proven record of designing usable web and/or mobile device based interfaces.
• A passion for working on multiple projects at once and an ability to prioritize work appropriately.
• A natural inclination to make things simpler and more intuitive with a sensitivity to how UI can help users; sensitive to color, layout, space, icons and visual hierarchy.
• A broad understanding of web/mobile UI standards, grid system, responsive design frameworks, usability, and have design/developed user interfaces for web/mobile applications.
• Ability to build effective prototypes and leverage other mechanisms for soliciting valuable feedback from business stakeholders and end users.
• Excellent leadership, communication, and teamwork skills with evidence of effectively working across teams, projects, and levels.
• Proven track record of mentoring and growing User Experience talent.
• Strong organizational and project management skills that enable continuous movement across a full portfolio of projects.
• Up to 25% travel.
naviHealth is a pioneer in post-acute care and care transitions with a combined unprecedented 18 years of experience that uniquely positions us to manage patients, improve clinical and financial outcomes, and share risk with payors and providers. As a Cardinal Health company, we provide clinical support alongside scalable technology and advisory solutions that empower health systems, health plans, and post-acute providers to navigate care episodes across the continuum, with the goal of reducing waste and improving patient outcomes.
We care about the people we serve.
We care about each other.
We care about our communities.
We embrace innovation.
We like simple.
naviHealth ™ is proud to be an equal opportunity/affirmative action employer. We are committed to attracting, retaining and maximizing the performance of a diverse and inclusive workforce. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, or protected veteran status.
Cardinal Health is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, or protected veteran status.