Cardinal Health Inspector II- 2nd Shift GMP in Norfolk, Nebraska
2nd Shift: Monday- Friday, 3PM to 11PM
What Quality Control contributes to Cardinal Health
Quality control is responsible for the analysis or inspection of products or processes for compliance with specifications and standards.
- Demonstrates detailed oriented attention in all facets of responsibilities.
- Performs analytical evaluation or test of products or processes.
- Demonstrates knowledge of testing methods, product usage, and applicable regulations and standards.
- Adheres to established policies and procedures.
- Establishes test methodology.
- Provides technical guidance and training to others on SOPs and quality guidelines.
- HS Diploma, GED or equivalent experience, preferred
- 1+ years experience in related field, preferred
What is expected of you and others at this level
- Applies acquired knowledge and skills to complete standard tasks
- Readily learns and applies new information and methods to work in assigned area
- Maintains appropriate licenses, training and certifications
- Works on routine assignments that require some problem resolution
- Works within clearly defined standard operating procedures and/or scientific methods
- Adheres to all quality guidelines
- Works under moderate degree of supervision
- Work typically involves regular review of output by work lead or supervisor
- Refers complex unusual problems to supervisor
- Responsible to visually inspect in-process/finished material. Consult with Quality Assurance personnel or immediate supervisor on clarification of specifications or acceptability of product as required.
- Refer to procedures manual, sampling charts, blueprints and/or specifications to determine number of samples, specifications to check and method to testing Product Assembly Process Sheets. Obtain samples and by use of inspection devices and visual inspection evaluates acceptability of components and finished products. Prepare required inspection reports. Consult immediate Supervisor and QA Supervisor/ Technician for clarification if questions regarding quality issues of defects, workmanship, etc. for direction and corrective action.
- Responsible for correct recording of traceability information, production information, cleaning and safety check documentation that is required by your assigned duties.Observe department’s safety regulations and to use personal protective equipment as required.
- Practice department’s good manufacturing and housekeeping procedures and complete cleaning verification checklists as required.
- Adhere to plant/Corporate policies/procedures, department safety and environmental regulations, Good Manufacturing Practices (GMPs) and ISO 13485 Standards.
- Report any unusual circumstances to immediate supervisor and perform other miscellaneous duties as assigned.
- Report any machine malfunction to designated individual for course of action and recommend equipment modifications to achieve improved operation. Monitor machine efficiencies and report to designated individual any machines not performing to standard.
Cardinal Health is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, or protected veteran status.