Cardinal Health Machine Operator I- Night Crew (C) in Norfolk, Nebraska
What Production Operation contributes to Cardinal Health
Operates light-duty bench- or floor-type machine tools and automation equipment. May set up machining machines and make adjustments, and perform maintenance on machines. Checks work using prescribed gauges, jigs and fixtures to measure close tolerances. Some machines may be numerically controlled. May monitor and verify quality in accordance with statistical process or other control procedures.
- High School Diploma or GED required
- 1-3 years related work experience and/or training required
What is expected of you and others at this level
- Applies acquired knowledge and skills to complete standard tasks
- Readily learns and applies new information and methods to work in assigned area
- Maintains appropriate licenses, training and certifications
- Works on routine assignments that require some problem resolution
- Works within clearly defined standard operating procedures and/or scientific methods
- Adheres to all quality guidelines
- Works under moderate degree of supervision
- Work typically involves regular review of output by work lead or supervisor
- Refers complex unusual problems to supervisor
Operate and/or tend a variety of assembly, printing, packaging and/or material feeder equipment as set up by department personnel, in a routine, repetitious fashion as assigned following department’ standard operating procedures.
- Fill a variety of in process material into material feeder equipment, by hand or scoop, assuring that equipment is adequately filled and feeding properly. (Or) Tend barrel printing machine(s); install printing tape or fill ink reservoirs as required. Start machine and observe for correct operation; make necessary adjustments. Place empty and remove full containers to and from machine, dump material into box, affix labels, record and stack onto pallet.
- OR Perform packaging operation off a variety of automatic packaging equipment; place empty bag(s) on chutes; remove full bags, weigh as required; verify count; assemble intermediate box, insert bags in box, secure, assemble shipper, insert box in shipper, close, seal and stack on pallet. May pack finished product by hand and insert into appropriate box(s).
- OR Tend automatic assembly machine. Start machine, observe for correct operation and makes adjustments for material delivery/feeder equipment and automatic packaging system, as required; maintain ink reservoirs.
- Un-jam material feeder equipment as required. Inspect in process or finished product/package visually following department’sspecifications. Inform set up personnel or other designated personnel of any machine malfunction or defective product for correction. May move material to and from designated areas within department.
- Responsible for correct recording of traceable information, production information, cleaning and safety check documentation that is required by your assigned duties.
- Observe department’s safety regulations and to use personal protective equipment as required.
- Practice department’s good manufacturing and housekeeping procedures and complete cleaning verification checklists as required.
- Adhere to plant/Corporate policies/procedures, department safety and environmental regulations, Good Manufacturing Practices (GMPs) and ISO 13485 Standards.
- Report any unusual circumstances to immediate supervisor and perform other miscellaneous duties as assigned
Cardinal Health is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, or protected veteran status.