Cardinal Health Sr Technician III Night Crew in Norfolk, Nebraska
Manufacturing is responsible for cost of production and maintenance activities including process improvement, supply chain management, quality assurance, employee safety and engagement, and environmental commitment.
- Responsible for the processing of molded components in support of the Focus Factory. This entails processing, maintenance, repair and operation of various types of molding, testing, printing, and/or packaging machines as assigned following department's standard operating procedures.
- Key areas of concentration are process development, validations, mold and material trials, as well as carrying out TPM. Working with Engineering in improving the efficiency of the molding process as part of trouble shooting is expected.
- Must work as a member of the team, drive results and promote safety. Will be required to suggest and implement process improvements. Ability to grasp new technical concepts and train peers is of utmost importance. Reports to Maintenance Manager/ Supervisor
What is expected of you and others at this level:
- Applies knowledge and company policies to complete a variety of tasks
- Demonstrates working knowledge of jobs outside area of responsibility
- Maintains appropriate licenses/training/certifications
- Works on assignments that are moderately difficult requiring judgment in resolving issues
- May assist in recommendation of processes on new assignments
- Adheres to all quality guidelines
- Works with limited supervision. Work occasionally involves review of output by work lead or supervisor
- May provide general guidance or technical assistance to less experienced team members
- Two year technical degree is preferred
- Experience of 2 years in an injection molding environment with strong processing skills prefered
- Ability to understand and achieve company goals.
- Must have mechanical aptitude with ability to diagnose mechanical problems and take steps to repair equipment as required.
- Diagnose, troubleshoot and maintain injection molding machines and machine feeding and regrinding equipment. Remove, clean and replace screws; remove, repair, rebuild and/or replace oil lines, hydraulic valves and safety controls. Change or tighten mold tips and pull bars; remove and replace shields; remove and plug mold cavities and/or repair core pin tips; adjust or replace nozzle system. Fill and adjust hydraulic system.
- Investigate any machine malfunction or processing issues. If unable to correct then contact designated individual for course of action and recommend equipment modifications to achieve improved operation. Monitor machine efficiencies and work to improve OEE.
- Adjust automatic and semi-automatic machines as required to produce quality parts following department's specifications. Install, adjust, remove and/or replace various machine stations and/or components as required. Adjust material feeder/delivery equipment and detection devices; regulate heat and several types of timing controls. Start machine to test operation by producing parts for inspection. Make necessary readjustments until finished product meets Quality Assurance specifications.
- Consult with designated individual or immediate supervisor on any electrical malfunction or repairs for course of action. Advise immediate supervisor of need for additional machine repairs and recommend equipment modifications to achieve improved operation.
- Prepare required machine production and maintenance reports. Use a variety of small hand tools and is responsible to maintain them in good working order.
- Observe department's safety regulations and to use personal protective equipment as required.
- Practice department's good manufacturing and housekeeping procedures and complete cleaning verification checklists as required.
- Adhere to plant/Corporate policies/procedures, department safety and environmental regulations, Good Manufacturing Practices (GMPs) and ISO 13485 Standards.
- Report any unusual circumstances to immediate supervisor and perform other miscellaneous duties as assigned
Cardinal Health is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, or protected veteran status.