Cardinal Health Sales Representative , Long Term Care in Nova Scotia, Canada
Cardinal Health Canada is currently seeking a self-driven and ambitious Sales Representative to join the Long Term Care sales team on a permanent, full-time basis to manage Nova Scotia territory.
The incumbent will develop new partnerships within the health care industry and strengthens relationships with the current customer base. The role will provide professional and ethical representation of all products to prospective and existing customers in the designated territory in order to meet monthly sales objectives through daily customer interface.
The incumbent will be part of a national sales team and liaise closely with the National Customer Care Team, National Credit Department and Distribution Staff to ensure Cardinal Health Canada (CHC) achieves its corporate goals and growth strategies.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Budgeting, forecasting and tracking, developing and implementing national strategies and tactics to achieve both short and long-term business objectives;
- Complete customer quotes and sales proposals in a clear and concise manner;
- Represent CHC in an ethical manner to our customers so that all details of sales transactions are accurately and unambiguously recorded and understood by both parties, permitting prompt processing;
- Maintain complete product knowledge and serve as an added value to our customer base and distinguish CHC from our competitors;
- Maintain complete competitor information;
- This position will require work outside of our normal business hours for trade shows, training seminars, workshops and meetings;
- Prospect for new business opportunities, including calling on existing customers, calling on new accounts, and networking to identify new sales opportunities for CHC;
- Achieve, or overachieve, yearly targets assigned to the territory. Accurately forecasting sales opportunities both monthly and quarterly to achieve targets;
- Product Knowledge - has an excellent understanding of the products we represent.
- Must be able to present and do product demonstration, both formally and informally. This includes face-to-face meetings with customers. Must be able to articulate complex issues that are important and impact a facility and how our products/solutions can meet these needs.
- Must have a very strong ability to drive new sales and sales process, and negotiate through contracts. This includes negotiating terms & conditions for capital contracts and lead conversations with key players;
- Responsible for managing on-going customers, including supporting and being a point of contact.
- Responsible for coordinating sales activities with various departments, including Contracts, Operations, Marketing, etc. The ability to work collectively with these departments to drive project and deals through. This includes putting together conference calls, leading all customer related activity, and holding others accountable for deliverables that impact projects for the customer or prospect;
- Working in close collaboration with various manufacturers.
EDUCATION/TRAINING and/or EXPERIENCE:
- Strong negotiation and persuasive skills;
- A self-starter who can work independently and in a team environment with an entrepreneurial approach;
- Ability to prioritize tasks to achieve efficiency and meet customer demands;
- Strong Analytical skills; Must have very strong Outlook, Excel, Word, PowerPoint, and Internet/office navigation skills;
- A demonstrated track record of sales achievements and meeting and/or exceeding sales objectives, a proven ability to follow a disciplined sales model and process, and a stable work history;
- Should have exceptional communication, interpersonal and follow up skills, including the ability to communicate verbally and in written form. The ability to follow up and follow through in a detailed and concise way is critical for this position;
- Bilingualism in both French and English would be considered a strong asset.
Cardinal Health is committed to employment equity and encourages applications from women, visible minorities, Aboriginal peoples and persons with disabilities.
Cardinal Health is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, or protected veteran status.