Cardinal Health Retail Pharmacy Technician PRN (Spanish Speaking) in Novato, California
Pharmacy Technician, Community Health Center Pharmacy
Cardinal Health is looking for a highly motivated technician to work in a company owned retail contract pharmacy. Our technicians play an important role in delivering medication and pharmaceutical care in communities that are most in need. This includes developing close relationships with patients in communities we serve and assisting the pharmacists in accurately preparing and delivering prescription medication.
- Maintain professional working relationships at all times, with the pharmacy personnel, physicians, nurses, and other medical personnel.
- Understand that the requirements of working in a pharmacy are varied and may change as demands on the department change.
- Be available to the customer/patients at all times.
- Maintain friendly and helpful attitude at all times when dealing with customers.
- Maintains a safe and clean pharmacy by complying with procedures, rules, and regulations.
- Organizes medications for pharmacist to dispense by profiling prescriptions; preparing labels and calculating quantities
- Ensures medication availability by delivering medications to patients and ordering when needed
- Contributes to team effort by accomplishing related results as needed
- Works with pharmacy team to ensure best practices are being followed with regards to 340B
- High school degree or equivalent
- Licensed Pharmacy Technician in State of California
- Customer service skills
- 340B experience preferred
- 1 year of retail pharmacy experience required
- Bilingual, Spanish speaking, reading, writing is preferred
Cardinal Health is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, or protected veteran status.