Cardinal Health Supervisor, Warehouse Operations (Night Shift) in NSC, Canada
Cardinal Health is currently seeking a Supervisor, Warehouse Operations to lead a team on the night shift at our Mississauga facility. Reporting to the Manager, Distribution Operations, the Operations Supervisoris responsible for the planning, directing and coordination of activities related to their team within a fast pace, 24 hour/5 day per week facility. This role will supervise at team of approx.18 individuals and will work to ensure the achievement of all targets including safety standards, quality standards, department budget, productivity levels, and customer service levels.
- Oversee the day to day direction, coordination, and evaluation of the department;
- Responsibilities will include; planning, scheduling, assigning, and directing work; assessing performance; rewarding and performance managing employees; quickly addressing concerns and resolving issues;
- Works closely with management team and operations leadership. Coordinate with other supervisors to transfer employees between departments as necessary to balance workload and maintain employee deployment and overall performance;
- Monitor labour hours and advise distribution manager of changes in procedure or conditions that impact operating costs. Monitor and anticipate changes in labour requirements.
- Monitor individual performance to ensure all employees perform above the standards for safety, quality and production. Ensure all employees understand and uphold the company values and conduct expectations.
- Responsible for budget department performance.
- Lead, Support, and sustain Operational Excellence.
- Maintain open and respectful communication with employees and conduct regular department meetings. Will provide ongoing coaching and mentoring to the team.
- Create and maintain a fun, safe and productive work environment!
Know How and Experience
- Minimum of three years related supervisory experience;
- University/college education preferred;
- Proven leadership, problem solving and team building skills;
- Ability to interpret and provide training on policies and procedure;
- A strong Workplace Health and Safety background; WSIB and First Aid certification preferred;
- Must be certified on material handling equipment;
- Must be able to lift and/or move up to 50 pounds;
- Excellent communication skills (verbal, written and group presentation skills);
- Must have intermediate to advance systems knowledge including Microsoft Office.
- Operational Excellence experience preferred;
- Material Handling Equipment Training experience considered an asset.
Cardinal Health is committed to employment equity and encourages applications from women, visible minorities, Aboriginal peoples and persons with disabilities. Cardinal Health is committed to accommodating applicants with disabilities throughout the hiring process, in accordance with the Accessibility for Ontarians with Disabilities Act (AODA). Our Human Resources team is responsible for working with applicants requesting an accommodation at any stage of the hiring process
Cardinal Health is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, or protected veteran status.