Cardinal Health Retail Operations Consultant in NY, United States
What is expected of you and others at this level in Direct Sales for functional success
- Must demonstrate ability to influence independent pharmacy owners to align with the Consumer Health retail front end vision and mission
- Ability to juggle different perspectives across various consumer health categories
- Educates/trains direct and indirect pharmacy owners & staff on complete Independent Pharmacy retail front end offering
- Helps drive passion of Independent Pharmacy retail front end opportunities across complete organization
- Cultivates Consumer Health vision which resonates with the Independent Pharmacy owner/staff
- Acts as Subject Matter Expert of Independent Pharmacy retail front end business needs and perspective
- Establishes working relationships with key stakeholders of Consumer Health
- Represents Consumer Health when interacting with customers
Customer Knowledge: Applies knowledge of the customer's business to develop optimal solutions.
Demonstrates basic understanding of the business and challenges of a system/functional area within assigned customers; has broad understanding of the benefits of a solution
- Builds a network at the appropriate levels within customer organizations; strives to constantly gain customer knowledge and identify how Cardinal Health can meet their needs
Demonstrating Value: Proactively and with a regular cadence demonstrates to the customer the defined value of partnering with Cardinal Health both pre- and post-sales.
Assists in defining pre-sale potential value and comparing post-sale implemented solution to expectations and effectively communicates results to others within Cardinal Health
- Collects necessary information and assists with ROI and other analysis of pre-sale potential solutions and post-sale implemented solutions to assess value to the customer and Cardinal Health
- Communicates understanding of customer needs and reinforces the messages of demonstrated value with internal Cardinal Health resources and customer end-users as appropriate
Negotiation and Influence: Effectively negotiates and collaborates with the customer and colleagues to influence support for mutually beneficial outcomes and achieve consensus.
Supports and/or assists in executing on simplistic/transactional deals; may secure deals by helping outline defined benefits; collaborates with direct/indirect decision makers/influencers
- Knows internal resources (who to go to for what) and builds internal networks throughout Cardinal Health to assist with customer needs as appropriate
- Gains familiarity around the contracting administration process and may perform pricing negotiations
Relationship Management: Builds and sustains relationships founded on trust with internal and external customers and ensures customer satisfaction and loyalty.
Begins to build external relationships/networks with customers
- Shares external customer experiences with internal customers to provide perspective as Cardinal Health business plans and financial budgets are developed
- Responds quickly and directly to requests from internal contacts and external customer end users; escalates any issues that may result in unmet expectations
Solution Selling: Identifies and qualifies new sales opportunities and develops plans for introducing new solutions through collaborative relationships.
Listens to and asks questions of internal and external customers, working to fine tune solutions selling communication skills
- Demonstrates understanding of all Cardinal Health capabilities; researches or seeks opportunities to learn about areas/capabilities that are less familiar and build internal network
- Demonstrates working knowledge and skills in the Solutions Sales Process by supporting efforts to craft value-added customer solutions; maintains information to track and report the value of various offerings across customers
Cardinal Health is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, or protected veteran status.