Cardinal Health PRN Pharmacist in Oak Ridge, Tennessee
With over 45 years of experience in helping hundreds of hospital and outpatient pharmacies, we provide access to best practice strategies and tactics to control costs, improve workflow and enhance safety. Cardinal Health Innovative Delivery Solutions is one of the largest employers of acute-care pharmacist in the United States. Cardinal Health is the employer of choice for pharmacists because we offer a variety of career opportunities in pharmacy leadership, clinical specialties, remote order entry, business management, medication therapy management and more.
This is a PRN/As Needed Pharmacist position. This position is located at the Ridgeview Psych Hospital Pharmacy (Ridgeview Behavioral Services) managed by Cardinal Health. Hours would be 8a-1p Monday -Friday, per your availability. This would assist in coverage for vacation , sick and personal days.
What is expected of you and others at this level:
- Applies working knowledge in the application of concepts, principles, and technical capabilities to perform varied tasks
- Works on projects of moderate scope and complexity
- Identifies possible solutions to a variety of technical problems and takes actions to resolve
- Applies judgment within defined parameters
- Receives general guidance may receive more detailed instruction on new projects
- Work reviewed for sound reasoning and accuracy
- Ability to work an occasional Sat or Sun on a monthly basis
- Responsible for the day-to-day pharmaceutical care and management of patients
- Interacts with patients, health care providers, clinics, and prescribers involved with the patient
- Review prescriptions prior to dispensing and verify all questionable prescriptions
- Ensure appropriate storage of products in the facility and compliance with all laws, regulations, and accrediting agencies standards
- IV Compounding
- Help establish departmental policies and procedures
- Maintain the required number of continuing education credits to maintain credentials as required by each state license
- Assist ancillary personnel with purchasing, inventory control and other duties
- Other duties as assigned
- Bachelors degree in pharmacy required PharmD preferred
- 3+ years related pharmacy experience
- Currently licensed to practice pharmacy in State of opening or eligible to reciprocate
- In-patient hospital pharmacy experience is strongly preferred
- Ability to hear, write, and speak clearly in order to communicate with customers and health care professionals
- Strong customer service skills.
- Manual dexterity required for occasional reach, lifting and holding of small objects.
- Flexibility to work various shifts or overtime as needed.
- Computer savvy to learn and perform successful operation of multiple pharmacy information systems.
- Ability to work weekends or be in a weekend rotation.
- Ability to work on call or be in an on call rotation.
- Ability to work holidays or be in a holiday rotation.
Cardinal Health is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, or protected veteran status.