Cardinal Health Account Rep, Patient Recovery (Southern Ohio) in OH, United States
Direct Sales - Direct Sales is responsible for driving sales and services to new and/or existing customers through face-to-face or telephone contact to meet individual and organizational sales objectives.
Professional individual contributor role
- Applies basic concepts, principles, and technical capabilities to perform routine tasks
- Works on projects of limited scope and complexity
- Follows established procedures to resolve readily identifiable technical problems
- Works under direct supervision and receives detailed instructions
- Develops competence by performing structured work assignments Essential Functions
- Present product features and benefits to clinical call points utilizing proper sales technique (probing, qualifying, needs assessment, supporting and closing)
- Master all products and applications.
- Meet and exceed assigned quota and sales objectives including assigned quota uplift.
- Maintain and increase sales volume within assigned accounts and territory.
- Travel within assigned territory to call on accounts including overnight travel. Maintain active, in-person presence at top accounts
- Identify new business opportunities, generate leads, close new business and convert accounts from competitor products.
- Professionally drive a sense of urgency in accounts to speed up purchasing decisions.
- Effectively manage sales pipeline closing "A" accounts, moving "B" accounts to A's and "C" accounts to "B"s.
- Present proposals, negotiate pricing and effectively differentiate Medtronic product offerings.
- Build consultative relationships with clinicians, supply chain partners and end users. Maintain positive working relationships with Distribution and GPO partners.
- Complete all administrative tasks including weekly call reports, expense reports, new business forms, GLOR, market feedback, etc.
- In-service accounts by demonstrating product applications, functionality and use -often on night and weekend shifts.
- Attend and participate in sales meetings, training programs, conventions, and trade shows as directed. Attend all regional, divisional and sector events including National Sales Meetings, Advanced Corporate Training (ACT), Region Meetings
- Maintain required activity level - following established guidelines for number of calls / day, # products presented /account, and # contacts/account.
- Assist customers with backorders and other related service issues.
- Responsible for obtaining and keeping up to date records for vaccinations, TB tests, flu shots, and other medical credentials required by the hospitals in your territory. Department Specific/Non-essential Functions
- Organize and maintain storage locker, samples and other sales material.
- Utilize technology and data to analyze territory, effectively target accounts and pre-call planning.
- Maintain knowledge of the current industry / competitive landscape including, GPO's, healthcare economics, reimbursement, competitors and competitive products etc.
- Interact with Marketing, Customer Service, and other internal departments.
- Resolve customer complaints in accordance with Company policy, and advises sales management promptly of any situation beyond the Sales Representative's authority. Education MINIMUM REQUIREMENTS:
- Bachelor's Degree Experience
- 2 + years strongly preferred. Minimum of 0-2 years of documented outside sales success in a competitive, sophisticated environment, preferably tangible products (i.e. office equipment, copiers, payroll systems, information systems).
- Medical Device industry experience preferred
- Evidence of top sales achievement with experience in multilevel account management is required.
- Valid Driver's License
- Ability to travel domestically and within region often involving overnight stays and stays up to one week in duration. Preferred Skills /Qualifications
- A demonstrated track record for meeting and exceeding sales objectives.
- Previous history of quota attainment
- Documented history of exceeding customer requirements Competencies
- Customer Focus
- Drive for Results
- Business Acumen
- Presentation Skills
- Priority Setting
- Interpersonal Savvy
Cardinal Health is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, or protected veteran status.