Cardinal Health Senior Project Manager, Clinical Operations (Lead Analyst) in San Diego, California
The Senior Project Manager, Health Economics and Outcomes Research (HEOR) is a Senior Analyst role will be responsible for supporting Cardinal Health Specialty Solutions HEOR Research team, a division of the Health Care Analytics and Marketing Communications (HA-MC) group. The HEOR team conducts real-world research in the areas of epidemiology, burden of illness and comparative effectiveness for pharmaceutical manufacturers. In this capacity the individual will provide the following support: creation of analytic data sets from secondary data sources (EMR, administrative claims) and primary data sources (chart reviews), conduct statistical analyses/ comparisons, and design and create of charts, graphs, tables, and reports, to disseminate research findings to our clients. In addition the individual will participate in developing analyses to support internally sponsored publications for national/international conferences and peer reviewed journals. The candidate should be extremely familiar and qualified in the execution of these activities in SAS as well as programming in SQL. The candidate should also have some knowledge of Microsoft office tools such as Excel, PowerPoint and Word. Candidates with knowledge and capabilities in developing payer facing tools such as budget impact models and cost-effectiveness studies would be ideal.
- Provide support to lead scientists throughout the project life cycle
- Proactively address complex analytical issues, which may impact market access decisions and evidence for product. Handle unforeseen circumstances and actively monitor and apply new analytical techniques
- Provide support drafting materials for project related content as well as internal research
- Interact with cross-functional team members at a project level.
Ability to work in a fast-paced and accountable environment Responsibilities
Identifies and effectively uses internal and external data sources and literature references to support client projects
- Assess data quality and completeness. Create queries for calculating metrics and benchmarks for communicating data issues.
- Serve as the internal primary point of contact for analytic requests, including creating analytic data sets and coordinating ad hoc analyses to address requests from clients or other team members
- Prepares HEOR data as background materials for discussion with pharmaceutical customers
- Provide excellent customer service when delivering work on project
- Collaboration with HEOR team, as required, to compile evidence required to execute projects for pharmaceutical clients.
- Interaction with HEOR personnel to assist with background materials for reports and publications.
- Interaction with HEOR staff to identify research activities and/or evidence to advance health care efficiencies for pharmaceutical clients.
- Act independently to interpret objectives and study variables to generate an analytic dataset that will be meaningful to clients.
Conduct additional feasibility or power analyses as needed to support project work Minimum Qualification Requirements
Education: MS or MPH with 5 years HEOR experience or a PhD/PharmD/MD with 3 years of HEOR experience, highly preferred
- Experience with HEOR related projects including at least 3 years in the pharmaceutical/medical industry within a pharmaceutical company or a pharmaceutical consulting company.
- Strong understanding of real-world research and HEOR and its application to specialty oncology drugs within the US market especially economic modeling, evidence synthesis and other analytical techniques required to support payer needs is preferred
- Experience with administrative claims and survey based healthcare data (preferably oncology related), highly preferred
- At least 5 years’ experience programming with SAS, highly preferred
- At least 3 years’ experience programming with SQL, highly preferred
- Experience with predictive modeling including regression analysis
- Experience with survival analysis (Kaplan Meier plots, Cox modeling), highly preferred
- Well-developed conceptual and integrative thinking with capability to access internal and external resources for advice.
- High degree of autonomy with the ability to carry out assignments quickly
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
Cardinal Health is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, or protected veteran status.