Cardinal Health Strategic Account Executive in South Carolina, South Carolina
What Account Mgmt - Major Accounts contributes to Cardinal Health
Account Management is responsible for managing the success of the relationship with an assigned set of customers in order to achieve the goals and objectives identified by the customer and Cardinal Health. Responsible for long-term relationship building between the customer, Cardinal Health, and other professional organizations (Group Purchasing Organizations, etc). The complexity of the solution, product, or services offered is variable and can range from simple to moderately complex selling.
Accountabilities in this role
- Responsible for long term relationship building between the customer, Cardinal Health (inclusive of Medical and Innovative Delivery solutions/IDS), and other professional organizations including GPOs.
- Primary focus areas includes driving new business as well as increasing penetration in existing accounts
- Coordinating the activities of the Cardinal acute sales teams to ensure that IDN customer/account expectations are met, ultimately delivering service and savings initiatives.
- Selling services using a consultative approach to hospital C-suite executives and pharmacy and supply chain leadership.
- Acting as the quarterback between IDN accounts and Cardinal Health enterprise.
- Driving account strategy and planning process to enable growth and improved profitability of both the medical and pharmaceutical and specialty segment.
- Providing local sales and operation teams with feedback on customer’s expectations and service level requirements.
- Growing account profitability by converting existing business to Cardinal Health branded products and services, expanding categories offered to customer and shifting sales to preferred partners
- Growing account revenue by transitioning direct purchasing relationships with competitors to Cardinal Health distribution
- Driving higher percentage of branded products and grow physician preferred product categories
- Supporting efforts to introduce new product categories
- Deploying staff, technology, resources on behalf of IDN customers
- Managing acute care sales rep interactions with IDNs
- Leveraging relationships and interactions with other internal sales teams
- Bachelor’s degree preferred
- Experience selling services using a consultative sales approach
- Experience interacting with hospital C-suite relevant executives (VP and above) and pharmacy leadership.
- Minimum of 5 years sales, GPO and industry experience with 10 years preferred
- Prior experience building relationships with IDN customers desired
- Knowledge within provider space
- Solid leader and coordinator
- Experienced in leading across a matrix organization
- Thrives in the complexity of an IDN and Cardinal Health
What is expected of you and others at this level
- Utilizes broad and deep knowledge to develop innovative new business practices, policies and procedures
- Contributes to the development of department strategy
- Works on or may lead highly complex projects of large scope
- Projects are typically cross-functional and have significant and long-term impact
- Provides solutions which set precedent
- Negotiates complex or risky technical business issues on behalf of the company
- Independently defines project establishes budgets identifies participants and mitigates risk
- Consults with management to determine project objectives with long-term implications
- Acts as a mentor to less experienced colleagues
Cardinal Health is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, or protected veteran status.