Cardinal Health Advisor, EH&S in Swedesboro, New Jersey
Shift: Monday through Friday 8:00 am to 5:00 pm (needs to have flexibility to train employees on night shift)
What EH&S contributes to Cardinal Health
EH&S is responsible for designing, developing and implementing EH&S procedures, programs, processes, and systems to ensure compliance with regulatory and company requirements and to eliminate or minimize EH&S risks to the Company, its employees, the environment and the communities in which it does business.
- Demonstrates in-depth knowledge, understanding and application of environment, health and safety and workers' compensation laws and regulations and translates them into actionable processes, programs and practices.
- Drives the understanding and implementation of the Cardinal Health EH&S management system.
- Provides managerial support and subject matter expertise that ensures appropriate EH&S systems and resources are in place.
- Designs, develops and implements procedures, programs, processes and systems that ensure EH&S compliance, and enhance EH&S performance.
- Demonstrates depth and breadth of knowledge in the area of hazard recognition, evaluation and control.
- Drives execution of tactical and strategic initiatives in order to eliminate hazards and reduce or eliminate the associated risks.
- Implement safety metrics and Maintain safety culture within the distribution center
- Maintain safety records for all employees on site and coordinate monthly safety training across two shifts
- Manage EHSMS
- Keep detail records on OSHA and EPA
- Maintain audit readiness for safety status at all times
- Own the Healthy Lifestyle program
- Reports to Director of Operations with dotted line to Regional EHS Director
- Bachelors in related field, or equivalent work experience, preferred
- 4+ years experience in related field, preferred
- Lean Six SIgma experience preferred
What is expected of you and others at this level
- Applies comprehensive knowledge and a thorough understanding of concepts, principles, and technical capabilities to perform varied tasks and projects
- May contribute to the development of policies and procedures
- Works on complex projects of large scope
- Develops technical solutions to a wide range of difficult problems. Solutions are innovative and consistent with organization objectives
- Completes work independently receives general guidance on new projects
- Work reviewed for purpose of meeting objectives
- May act as a mentor to less experienced colleagues
Cardinal Health is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, or protected veteran status.