Cardinal Health Engineer, Software Engineering (JAVA Developer) in Twinsburg, Ohio
Cardinal Health at Home is a best-in-class provider of medical supplies to patients in the home. It is comprised of two separate operating segments: Edgepark, a leading direct-to-consumer (DTC) medical supplies provider and Independence Medical, a Leading wholesale provider of medical supplies to commercial customers. These businesses serve more than one million patients in the home, offer more than 40,000 products and 6,000 patient touch points daily.
The Engineer, Software Engineering (JAVA Developer) will be responsible for designing and developing java solutions for Cardinal Health at Home. This position will be responsible for:
Accountabilities in this role
- Designing, Developing and coding in a large JAVA Spring framework application
- Designing, developing and consuming RESTful Web Services
- Create technical specifications for coding purposes and work with an off shore team
- Interact with other members of SCRUM team (Project Owners, Story Authors, Developers, Tech Leads) and members of other SCRUM teams, QA team members and Solution Architects
- Develop unit test utilizing Junit
- Work with Code Quality and Analysis tools (SonarQube, Atlassian Crucible, or PMD) and Source Control Systems (Git)
- Communicate effectively and efficiently both written and verbally
- Bachelors Degree in related field or equivalent work experience
- 4+ years experience in related field preferred
- Working knowledge of two or more technologies preferred
Must have the following knowledge and experience:
JSE (Java 8)
- RESTful Architecture and RESTful Web Services
- Spring Framework including Spring Boot, Spring MVC, Spring RestTemplate, Spring Security
- Experience with Code Quality and Analysis tools ( SonarQube, Atlassian Crucible, PMD are preferred)
- Experience with Source Control Systems (Git preferred).
- Must have very strong communication skills both written and verbal
What Software Engineering contributes to Cardinal Health
Software Engineering is responsible for designing, developing, implementing and supporting applications, systems and IT products required to achieve the company's business objectives.
- Demonstrates knowledge of software development techniques and fluency in software languages and application programming interfaces.
- Demonstrates general understanding of hardware/software platforms including but not limited to operating systems, databases, application servers, web servers and integration technologies.
- Plans and executes system implementations that ensure success and minimize risk of system outages or other negative production impacts.
- Demonstrates conceptual knowledge of architecture standards and database and operating systems.
- Demonstrates problem solving ability that allows for effective and timely resolution of system issues including but not limited to production outages.
- Analyzes production system operations using tools such as monitoring, capacity analysis and outage root cause analysis to identify and drive change that ensures continuous improvement in system stability and performance.
- Demonstrates knowledge of software development, life cycle, modeling of business processes, application design patterns, and business/functional documents. Estimates to high level business requirements and provide options analysis.
What is expected of you and others at this level
- Applies comprehensive knowledge and a thorough understanding of concepts, principles, and technical capabilities to perform varied tasks and projects
- May contribute to the development of policies and procedures
- Works on complex projects of large scope
- Develops technical solutions to a wide range of difficult problems. Solutions are innovative and consistent with organization objectives
- Completes work independently receives general guidance on new projects
- Work reviewed for purpose of meeting objectives
- May act as a mentor to less experienced colleagues
Cardinal Health is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, or protected veteran status.