Cardinal Health Medical Biller MCO Analyst in Twinsburg, Ohio
What Contract and Billing contributes to Cardinal Health:
Contracts and Billing is responsible for finance related activities such as customer and vendor contract administration, customer and vendor pricing, rebates, billing (including drop-ships), processing chargebacks and vendor invoices, developing and negotiating customer and group purchasing contracts.
- Demonstrates knowledge of financial processes, systems, controls, and work streams.
- Demonstrates experience working collaboratively in a finance environment coupled with strong internal controls.
- Possesses understanding of service level goals and objectives when providing customer support.
- Demonstrates ability to respond to non-standard requests from vendors and customers.
- Possesses strong organizational skills and prioritizes getting the right things done.
- Submitting medicaldocumentation/billingdata to insurance providers
- Researching and appealing denied and rejected claims
- Preparing, reviewing and transmitting claims using billing software including electronic and paper claim processing
- Following up on unpaid claims within standard billing cycle timeframe
- Calling insurance companies regarding any discrepancy in payment if necessary
- Reviewing insurance payments for accuracy and completeness
Preferred skills :
- 2 + years’ experience as a Medical Biller
- Strong knowledge of Microsoft excel
- Ability to work independently and collaboratively within team environment
- Able to multi-task and meet tight deadlines
- Excellent problem solving skills
- Strong communication skills
- Familiarity with ICD-10 coding
- Competent with computer systems, software and 10 key calculators
- Knowledge of medical terminology
- Bachelors degree in business related field, or equivalent work experience
What is expected of you and others at this level:
- Applies basic concepts, principles, and technical capabilities to perform routine tasks
- Works on projects of limited scope and complexity
- Follows established procedures to resolve readily identifiable technical problems
- Works under direct supervision and receives detailed instructions
- Develops competence by performing structured work assignments
Cardinal Health is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, or protected veteran status.