Cardinal Health Senior Analyst, Software Engineer (Web Developer) in Twinsburg, Ohio
Cardinal Health at Home is a best-in-class provider of medical supplies to patients in the home. It is comprised of two separate operating segments: Edgepark, a leading direct-to-consumer (DTC) medical supplies provider and Independence Medical, a Leading wholesale provider of medical supplies to commercial customers. These businesses serve more than one million patients in the home, offer more than 40,000 products and 6,000 patient touch points daily.
The Senior Analyst, Software Engineering (Web Developer) will be responsible for:
- Create and design code within various technologies to support applications within a healthcare/regulatory environment
- Work through the development processes by coding and designing withinColdFusion and other technical languages
- Creating and consuming web services (SOA, SOAP, REST)
- Write SQL Queries, Stored Procedures, and Views
- Work within an Agile environment and will be responsible for following processes and procedures
- Take technical specifications and translate them into code
- Communicate very effectively and efficiently cross-functionally with other supporting teams
- Bachelors degree in related field or equivalent work experience
- 2+ years of web development experience within, C#, ASP.NET, ColdFusion or similar languages
- Familiar with creating and consuming web services (SOA, SOAP, REST)
- Detail oriented
- Passion to learn, curious about business processes
- Results oriented with on time & quality delivery; strong service orientation.
- Strong organizational skills
- Ability to write SQL Queries, Stored Procedures, Views is a plus
- Windows Server and IIS web server administration experience is a plus
- Strong communication skills and ability to communicate both verbally and written
What Software Engineering contributes to Cardinal Health
Software Engineering is responsible for designing, developing, implementing and supporting applications, systems and IT products required to achieve the company's business objectives.
- Demonstrates knowledge of software development techniques and fluency in software languages and application programming interfaces.
- Demonstrates general understanding of hardware/software platforms including but not limited to operating systems, databases, application servers, web servers and integration technologies.
- Plans and executes system implementations that ensure success and minimize risk of system outages or other negative production impacts.
- Demonstrates conceptual knowledge of architecture standards and database and operating systems.
- Demonstrates problem solving ability that allows for effective and timely resolution of system issues including but not limited to production outages.
- Analyzes production system operations using tools such as monitoring, capacity analysis and outage root cause analysis to identify and drive change that ensures continuous improvement in system stability and performance.
- Demonstrates knowledge of software development, life cycle, modeling of business processes, application design patterns, business/functional documents. Estimates to high level business requirements and provide options analysis.
What is expected of you and others at this level
- Applies working knowledge in the application of concepts, principles, and technical capabilities to perform varied tasks
- Works on projects of moderate scope and complexity
- Identifies possible solutions to a variety of technical problems and takes actions to resolve
- Applies judgment within defined parameters
- Receives general guidance may receive more detailed instruction on new projects
- Work reviewed for sound reasoning and accuracy
- Provides 24/7 operational support for applications and environments in accordance of established Service Level Agreements
Cardinal Health is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, or protected veteran status.