Cardinal Health Senior Java Developer in Twinsburg, Ohio
Cardinal Health at Home is a best-in-class provider of medical supplies to patients in the home. It is comprised of two separate operating segments: Edgepark, a leading direct-to-consumer (DTC) medical supplies provider and Independence Medical, a Leading wholesale provider of medical supplies to commercial customers. These businesses serve more than one million patients in the home, offer more than 40,000 products and 6,000 patient touch points daily.
The Senior Software Engineer will also be responsible for:
- Design, develop, and implement internal and customer facing solutions: JAVA, Hybris, .NET
- Investigate complex technical and business problems in detail, to diagnose and provide effective and efficient alternatives.
- Learn, improve, and expand code quality, design, and build out processes to integrate with the business and technical needs
- Conduct technical process reviews and work in partnership with client business units and project stakeholders
- Mentor other developers who are creating and designing code and assist with code reviews
- Communicate complex problems and issues in a concise manner (oral/written) to many different audiences; ability to clearly communicate with customers, peers and management.
- Bachelors Degree in related field or equivalent work experience
- 8+ years experience in related field preferred
- 6+ years experience managing a Web CMS, Product Information, or Digital Asset Management system
- Working knowledge of three or more technologies preferred
- Proven leadership ability preferred
- Ability to lead a team of developers through processes and complex development strategies – mustbe able to write, read, oversee and mentor other developers who are creating and designing code
- Demonstrates knowledge of Tech Support techniques
- Demonstrated aptitude to investigate complex technical and business problems in detail, to diagnose and provide effective and efficient alternatives.
- Demonstrated ability to communicate complex problems and issues in a concise manner (oral/written) to many different audiences; ability to clearly communicate with customers, peers and management.
What Software Engineering contributes to Cardinal Health
Software Engineering is responsible for designing, developing, implementing and supporting applications, systems and IT products required to achieve the company's business objectives.
- Demonstrates knowledge of software development techniques and fluency in software languages and application programming interfaces.
- Demonstrates general understanding of hardware/software platforms including but not limited to operating systems, databases, application servers, web servers and integration technologies.
- Plans and executes system implementations that ensure success and minimize risk of system outages or other negative production impacts.
- Demonstrates conceptual knowledge of architecture standards and database and operating systems.
- Demonstrates problem solving ability that allows for effective and timely resolution of system issues including but not limited to production outages.
- Analyzes production system operations using tools such as monitoring, capacity analysis and outage root cause analysis to identify and drive change that ensures continuous improvement in system stability and performance.
- Demonstrates knowledge of software development, life cycle, modeling of business processes, application design patterns, business/functional documents. Estimates to high level business requirements and provide options analysis.
What is expected of you and others at this level
- Applies advanced knowledge and understanding of concepts, principles, and technical capabilities to manage a wide variety of projects
- Participates in the development of policies and procedures to achieve specific goals
- Recommends new practices, processes, metrics, or models
- Works on or may lead complex projects of large scope
- Projects may have significant and long-term impact
- Provides solutions which may set precedent
- Independently determines method for completion of new projects
- Receives guidance on overall project objectives
- Acts as a mentor to less experienced colleagues
Cardinal Health is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, or protected veteran status.