Cardinal Health Product Manager, Deep Vein Thrombosis in Vaughan, Canada
Cardinal Health Canada is currently seeking a Product Manager, Deep Vein Thrombosis for a permanent, full-time opening with a possibility to be based in either of our offices in Vaughan, Ontario or Dorval, Quebec.
For more information on what it is like to work for us, please watch this video:
Reporting to the Marketing Director, Speciality & General Medical the incumbent will be responsible for the management of all marketing aspects of a successful commercialization, as well as the on-going portfolio management of the Deep Vein Thrombosis portfolio. This includes marketing strategies and tactics, existing and new literature, clinical documentation, sales tools, customer education, collaboration with Key Opinion Leaders and medical societies and to ensure programs are developed to attain sales and gross margin objectives.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Accountable to achieve sales and profit performance objectives for assigned portfolio
Strategies & Tactics:
- Develop, prepare and implement marketing strategies and tactics for assigned portfolio
- Develop sales tools and sales programs that will maximize sales growth
- Develop pricing strategies adapted by market channels
- Lead National Group Purchasing Organization (GPOs) portfolio strategies, lead major RFP submissions and ensure contract compliance
- Develop launch plan and strategies for new product introductions, product line extensions and product line consolidations
- Assess market needs and develop adapted value-added programs (Educational or others)
- Develop and maintain KOL and medical societies relationships
- Conduct market intelligence activities & collect data on an on-going basis
Collaborate with Sales force and other functions:
- Provide and effectively communicate direction to sales force to ensure strategies and tactics are implemented
- Present programs and initiatives as required by marketing and sales management at all sales meetings
- Ensure adequate sales force training on Products and Sales Tools
- Demonstrate leadership skills and influence over the sales force
- Establish himself/herself as the clinical specialist for the portfolio
- Network and liaise with Global and other regions marketing team
- Work in collaboration with other departments to manage all aspects of the product line (Regulatory, Marketing Communications, Logistics, Conferences, Contracts, Finance, Assets Operations, etc.)
- Manage all administrative aspects of the product line following internal policies and procedures (Product discontinuation, product hierarchy, price list process, etc.)
- Provide timely and accurate forecast information for the product lines (Financial and Supply)
EDUCATION/TRAINING and/or EXPERIENCE:
- Bachelor’s degree in Marketing or related field.
- Minimum five year experience in healthcare marketing
- Sales experience considered an asset
- Good problem solving and decision making skills
- Ability to adapt to change, able to work through and resolve ambiguous situations and able to work independently.
- Team player with ability to obtain support of colleagues and team.
- Ability to communicate effectively. Must be fluent, both in French and English (verbal and written).
- Excellent planning and organizational abilities. Solid business acumen and analytical skills. Ability to prioritize.
- Solid computer skills
ADDITIONAL POSITION REQUIREMENTS
- At ease in a clinical environment
- Office position, Ability to travel up to 20%
- Toronto or Montreal based position
Cardinal Health adheres to the principles of employment equity and encourages women, visible minorities, Aboriginal people and persons with disabilities to apply.
Cardinal Health is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, or protected veteran status.