Cardinal Health Consultant, Sales Training & Effectiveness in United States
What Sales Training & Effectiveness contributes to Cardinal Health
Sales Training & Effectiveness is responsible for developing, designing, and delivering sales training, as well as evaluating the effectiveness of training initiatives. Goal is to improve knowledge and competencies around the execution of segment, business unit and sales team objectives, to improve sales and negotiation skills, sales leadership, sales process, and sales automation adoption and to increase sales effectiveness and high impact results.
- Demonstrates knowledge of healthcare market, customers and trends.
- Demonstrates strong selling and negotiation skills and knowledge of the sales process.
- Demonstrates knowledge of adult learning concepts and classroom learning techniques.
- Assesses knowledge, skills, and needs of the sales representatives and leaders in the sales organization. Focuses on the global needs of the sales force, with specific attention on the sales management role.
- Designs and facilitates business unit, selling and negotiation skills, sales leadership, and product training.
- Provides feedback and coaching to sales representatives and sales leadership. Demonstrates knowledge of sales leadership principles and team development.
- Recognizes and identifies key impacts, methods, and measures to improve sales leadership, resulting in improved sales performance.
- Prepares and trains teams on complex sales, clinical knowledge, and business tools.
- Consults with sales leadership on issues, gaps and needs, developing strategic solutions to advance training and development at the sales representative, leadership, national or enterprise level.
- Understands the learning function holistically, beyond sales training expertise. Demonstrates the ability to design, deploy and analyze the sales training evaluation process.
- Demonstrates the ability to design, develop and deploy sales training, as well as evaluate effectiveness.
- Collaborates with sales managers and training managers in the analysis and development of training needs and initiatives.
- Engage appropriate subject matter experts from across the business to ensure training alignment with business strategies.
- Facilitate the training of new hires to include onboarding, mentoring programs, skill based training, certifications, etc.
- Develop training programs for sales staff (e.g., role based training, business segment training, market offerings, sales systems and process)
- Maintain training programs to ensure consistent application of training across all sales roles and teams.
- Communicate with sales and marketing personnel to assess training needs for new solutions.
- Provides technical guidance to employees
- Interacts with subordinates, peer customers and suppliers at various management levels;
- Other projects and duties as assigned.
- Bachelor’s degree in related field, or equivalent work experience, preferred.
- 4+ experience years in healthcare sales combined with technical, consulting or training experience preferred.
- Must possess excellent oral and written communication and interpersonal skills.
- Must have intermediate training, facilitation and presentation skills.
- Experience with Microsoft Office (Word, Excel, and PowerPoint) required.
- Exhibits strong leadership skills in coaching and mentoring others.
- Requires approximately 75% travel.
What is expected of you and others at this level
- Applies comprehensive knowledge and a thorough understanding of concepts, principles, and technical capabilities to perform varied tasks and projects
- May contribute to the development of policies and procedures
- Works on complex projects of large scope
- Develops technical solutions to a wide range of difficult problems. Solutions are innovative and consistent with organization objectives
- Completes work independently receives general guidance on new projects
- Work reviewed for purpose of meeting objectives
- May act as a mentor to less experienced colleagues
Cardinal Health is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, or protected veteran status.